Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
evolapsev

Yet another Scandinavian-inspired home.........

Hello everyone! I have been lurking around here for almost 1 year when I started researching on house renovations. The information gathered from all the t-blogs have been beneficial to my husband and I, thus I would like to give back by contributing to the forum. 

We are expected to receive our keys soon and prefer to start renovations as soon as possible so we can move in before the new year. Our house is a 4-room BTO with a non-typical layout. It was quite a headache to do space-planning especially for the kitchen and master bedroom. We met quite a few IDs and contractors recommended here and took their ideas here and there to incorporate into our final design. 

59faee29b5735_OriginalFloorPlan.jpg.3334ca52dcdf8f4a41e6db46699ae6f5.jpg

These are the main features of our house: 

- half-height shoe cabinet using the lower half of the DB box
- no TV feature wall (decided to forego brickwalls) 
- hack off kitchen wall to widen entrance
- top and bottom kitchen cabinet with countertop and backsplash using Kompacplus
- overlay both toilets' floor and wall tiles
- bring master bedroom door forward as we're using bedroom 2 as walk-in wardrobe

Though the design is nothing out of ordinary, we hope to achieve our dream house through the furnitures and decor chosen. 

We have started buying small electrical goods from Qoo10 (utilizing the $100 coupons) and fans from JB, as well as furnitures, lightings and decor items from Taobao through Ezbuy Prime service. 

Will share more in the next entry! So excited to share our journey with all of you :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Welcome welcome.

wow. Kompacplus for backsplash. Great choice. I wish i had catered money for this.
What's your expected budget you set aside for this project?

Perhaps you can start a mood board so you can roughly visualize and achieve the overall feel.

19 minutes ago, Clarence Lye said:

Welcome welcome.

wow. Kompacplus for backsplash. Great choice. I wish i had catered money for this.
What's your expected budget you set aside for this project?

Perhaps you can start a mood board so you can roughly visualize and achieve the overall feel.

Hi!! Thank you! 

Yes, will be sharing the moodboard in the next post. Our budget for the whole renovation is 20k. We are engaging a contractor and the quote is ard 17k before electrical works. 

So here's our moodboard: 

We're into a clean and an airy living space, so keeping our choices consistent throughout the house. 

Living Room : 

We're sticking to a white/wood theme throughout the living room and kitchen. 

hall2.jpg.09508d620cc26e353f082c2d13db405e.jpghall.jpg.105dcdd86f9f2bd363cefadf8657852f.jpg

dining.jpg.0fcc4241125896f4a662640c12a22645.jpg

Kitchen : 

We would like to have a Kompacplus countertop and backsplash, with decorative tile flooring. Due to the window in front of the sink, we have decided to fabricate a hanging dish rack since we can't built a top cabinet. 

IMG_1209.JPG.fe962b23920927236a9147c3d2285d07.JPGIMG_1208.JPG.16e1098b6d33abe62cf5730c97b7b7a8.JPGIMG_8458.JPG.ca8dc1c58c95394f5166dd7d1b60b918.JPG

Master bedroom / walk - in wardrobe : 

IMG_8585.JPG.cce91f4e8cdbde471a6b139c69aeee22.JPG

Master toilet : 

Husband chose white hexagon wall tiles and wood-like floor tiles. All the fixtures will be black. We got a vanity set from Tb. 

IMG_1121.JPG.12b9443aeaed33040d4c7fdb848320f4.JPG

Common Toilet - 

Planning to overlay all walls and floor tiles with marble tiles on 3 walls and decorative tiles on 1 wall. We bought a rose gold shower set, rose gold bidet spray, rose gold tap and rose gold accessories. I'm really a rose gold freak! Thankfully my husband is agreeable to it. I hope the items are in good working condition when they arrive. 

IMG_0833.JPG.a2fd55516fa9960c2f27f97acc998f67.JPG

commontoilet.jpg.411d445864840f28bffca110c8a0b016.jpg