Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Firsttimereno

Buying from Taobao

I am planning to buy items from Taobao. I am wondering will there be tax for items like lights? How much is the tax for electrical items such as TV? Anyone tried to buy large items such as furnitures, sofas, fridge, etc, from Taobao?

Anyone can share your experience with me?

Thanks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I'm thinking of going with ezbuy this 11/11 to get my humongous list of furniture and lighting too. Their cap of $128 per m^3 seems okay to me. Anyone with experience hauling sofas etc with them? 

For those who intend to buy electrical appliances frm taobao, pls reconsider. Do take time to read up about safety mark frm spring singapore website. These r listed as controlled items for a reason.

Lately a hse in the southern part of spore caught fire in the middle of the nite. The culprit....a fridge they imported frm china. When u  r calculating your savings....do spare a thought for ur neighbour n loved ones b4 u click buy.

For ezbuy, GST is applicable for sea shipments. For shipping by air below $400 no GST. I bought some stuff using ezbuy, but I heard alot of stories of people's stuff being stuck in China warehouse, items lost e.g. so unless you can wait up to a month better don't risk it.

I blog about my purchase, using ezbuy. So far only a lock I bought is preparing shipment. The rest is still under purchasing order.