Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Damien Yap

No flooring fittings beneath condo unit, only Cement

Dear all,

I have collected my keys for my condominium unit just last December 16. Sometime along July this year, the compress marble flooring which was fully white started to have brown spots appearing.

I noted the problem and knew that this was anything far from normal. After long and draggy discussions, the developer and contractor told me that they are willing to change the flooring BUT what they can only do is that they will cut the marble below the cupboards and cabinets that had been fitted so that work can be expedited. One of the cabinets counter ran between the middle of the living area. I noted that if the marble is cut and refit, in future should I decide to change the fittings or should the unit be sold off, wouldn't the tonality of the flooring be different?

Upon further checks with the developers, I was told that the owners are "lucky" to have the marble flooring beneath the cabinets as the contract between developer and main contractor agreement is suppose to be just cement.

Has anybody come across such problem?

Is it normal for condominium units to have cemented floor beneath fittings instead of full proper fitting?

Thanks and looking for good advice from everyone.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I think should be quite common. "can save just save".

I saw photos of condo renovation where the original kitchen cabinets are removed and what is on the wall is just raw concrete which isn't even finished. only parts of the wall where the kitchen cabinets don't cover are tiled up.

If it is HDB, I have no qualms about it. But the amount of money paid that owners pay for a condominium and for them to have agree on standards set by the developer, quite shocking.

Seems like workmanship are getting more shoddy.Profit maximisation without setting standards of minimum quality, wonder if the company even have any vetting process and if staff goes through the vetting process properly.

1 hour ago, Damien Yap said:

If it is HDB, I have no qualms about it. But the amount of money paid that owners pay for a condominium and for them to have agree on standards set by the developer, quite shocking.

Seems like workmanship are getting more shoddy.Profit maximisation without setting standards of minimum quality, wonder if the company even have any vetting process and if staff goes through the vetting process properly.

from what I understand HDB checks are more stringent.

as a property buyer, it's your digression on what you accept/reject when you take over the unit from the developer then work with the developer on the defects. of cos there will also be very "ngeow" owners who will stick tapes on every tile in the house to demand for re-laying of all the tiles.

as a private property developer, there's nothing wrong for them to want to maximize profits. everyone is in this world to make $$$ on way or another. whether it's morally right or wrong is not for me to comment.