Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
emmaemily

Hardwood Or Laminate?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

When it comes to price, laminate is much cheaper than hardwood. But when it comes to durability, laminate can last you no more than 10 years, while hardwood can last a lifetime, even more. Also, laminate flooring can't be refinished or sanded - once the floor is ruined, this is it, you will have to replace it. While hardwood, on the other hand, can be rejuvenated numerous times before it wears out completely. When it comes to installation, laminate is very easy to install, you can do it yourself, while hardwood is a little more complicated and you'll probably need professional help. And when it comes to cleaning, laminate is very easy to maintain, because there is a proective film over the whole thing, and you can even use water to clean it. While hardwood, unfortunately, will bloat if you use water too often. Which makes cleaning it a bit of a challenge - it will require more vacuuming, the using of non-abrasive tools, and a special detergent, which won't ruin the wood. I hope I was helpful :)

Brandon from Melbourne Housekeepers

On 11/15/2017 at 2:25 PM, kebony said:

Go for hardwood, almost no maintenance required and offers outstanding durability, maximum hardness, high resistance, eco friendly, many more. Hardwood options generally comes with life term of more than 30 years. So hardwood flooring is your better options.

Agree, especially for the high traffic area, hardwood will be a better option for you.  

• Like 1

Since laminate is made from pressed wood, it is more durable and resists scratches, moisture and wear and tear. Laminate flooring is also easier to clean. Though it is durable, it is not visually appealing. Whereas, Hardwood is the real deal; it is gorgeous and, depending on the type of wood, can add considerable value to your home.

In terms of looks, laminate cannot win hardwood. Of course laminate has its pros for example it is liquid resistant. I had a friend who bought this table top made of a hardwood material called Suar Wood. This material is hardwood but has the qualities of laminates while still having the natural wooden look. I felt it looks really natural while keeping the functionality aspect of tables.

On 4/27/2018 at 2:41 PM, peach said:

In terms of looks, laminate cannot win hardwood. Of course laminate has its pros for example it is liquid resistant. I had a friend who bought this table top made of a hardwood material called Suar Wood. This material is hardwood but has the qualities of laminates while still having the natural wooden look. I felt it looks really natural while keeping the functionality aspect of tables.

but will it be more expensive than the laminates one ?