Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Igor Fumo

JB shops list 2017 (diary/review)

Hello, this is a log of my trips to JB in my hunt for sinks, fans and lights. Hope this guide can help you, whoever you are. :P

Here is a sample map of one of my day trips.

Visited:

11 NOV 2017 visit

Tampoi Lighting Centre :unsure:

I found their range of lights quite huge, but nothing really impressive (it looks like u can get their items from taobao). They carry ceiling fans as well. Lady boss behind the counter is a bit weird though - doesn't like me asking prices for fans. Lots of people. They sell spare bulbs too. You can find philips downlights here.

IMG_2300.JPG.229b6b326bea8afc46418227ff2592be.JPG

Starworld :unsure:

Opposite end of the same building from Tampoi. Smaller range than TLC, carries fans as well. Range of taps not impressive. Salesman tells me its due to lack of display space but told me that I can still order from catalogue. Also carries philips downlights. I think all lights shop have them.

Pro field home and living (Across the road from TLC) :unsure:

I didn't get anything from them because their fittings are cheap-looking. Cheap plating and if you've bought a taobao tap before, you know exactly what I mean. And taobao taps get rusty very fast. Don't get from pro field, don't get from taobao either, unless you want to drink rust or wash your clothes in rust. They have some sinks, and the stainless steel ones look really industrial (not aesthetically pleasing) to me.

19 NOV 2017 visit

HT lighting (permas jaya) :)

Very friendly assistants. Pricing is standardised and good but I did not require lighting stuff so I didn't get anything. (I based the fair pricing on their bulb and fan prices)

Aldeco Living :unsure:

It was a 2 storied shophouse, finding parking is difficult - but protip, make a left turn to go BEHIND the shophouses. Plenty of parking there. Selection there was typical, mainly bathroom/kitching fittings. Stainless steel racks, holders etc. Selection of stainless steel kitchen sinks upstairs. Very limited basins on display. Shop requires some sort of membership and all price tags have a member/non-member pricing.

Fancy Lighting (CLOSED)

1 Lighting (beside ex-fancy lighting shop) :unsure:

Very antiquated designs, friendly shop owner. Did not buy anything. I however asked him where to get fans. He directed me to a shop across the road. It is a Chinese shop (XXX Eastern XXX).

XXX Eastern XXX (electronics store across the bridge from 1 Lighting) !!:fire:

Do not buy any electronics from that shop. I asked for the pricing for a few known fans and was quoted at least RM150 above the retail price. Shop owner was quick to point out that it is still cheaper than getting it in SG and was also quick to offer at RM100 discount. Interestingly, when I asked the owner where to get lights, I was directed back to 1 Lighting. Of course I pretended to not know better and left the place politely.

IMG_2517.JPG.0dbca20bdba76e394da778b5d86dcacc.JPG

KAC kitchen :)

There was no prominent signboard - I had to confirm the shop by unit number. It is a showroom-shop, carrying lots of modern hobs and german/italian stainless steel kitchen sink. Friendly and genuine shop assistant.

Jubin BMS :D:wub::wub:

Initially I thought I was lost and stumbled on a non-consumer industrial estate. I saw no entrances, no showrooms at Jubin (from the outside). I went to a nearby showroom and was fortunately redirected back to Jubin BMS for my needs. A dream haven for sinks, fittings, toilet bowls, bathtube, even floor tiles! Pricing is extremely good. Branded sinks can be had for slightly over 300RM. Unbranded toilet bowls begin at around the same price. Of course, if you're looking for high end they have it too. I saw sinks/toilets onwards of RM3000. They have electronic seat covers/bidet etc.  Every sink, every toilet bowl had its own showcase. Let the pictures speak for themselves. Needless to say I got my items from here.

IMG_2543.JPG.a734c89d4e6f7695164d108f15407c54.JPG As seen from the outside, you'd never imagine there's a giant consumer showroom inside.

IMG_2519.JPG.8e1ac999e32c531a310f026f0f179507.JPGIMG_2531.JPG.48cc3e4387bf445c73d532ddaafef348.JPGIMG_2520.JPG.571efec0c691018bfa65a4c4ace11729.JPG

24 NOV 2017 visit

Yes Electrical :P

Bought my fans from the shop. Having been to all the places above, I dare say that they are the best priced. They carry lights too. I bought some Philips tubes/lamps, and pricing is good.

Feel free to facebook message them and ask them for a quote - that's what I did.

Another plus point is that they are so near to the customs (Pelangi area).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not visited (please feel free to add in your reviews):

Top Lamp

Big Bath

Edited by Igor Fumo
updated trips 24 NOV

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On 1 December 2017 at 5:48 PM, kazuh1ko said:

So which shop did you buy from in the end?

I bought sinks from jubin BMS and fans from yes lighting. 

Taps I got locally cos I think they are more prone to fail. (Personal bad experience with Taobao taps)

On 12/6/2017 at 10:38 PM, aquanark said:

Hi Igor,

Whats the address of Jubin BMS?

Hello, I went to the one at

Plot 7 (PTD 140224), Jalan Kencana Mas 2/1,
Kawasan Perindustrian Tebrau III,
81100 Johor Bahru Johor.

Hi Igor,

I don't know why there's some moderation thing going on for the address, but I went to the branch at 'kawasan perindustrian tebrau'. Google and you should be able to see it.

Hi Igor,

I don't know why there's some moderation thing going on for the address, but I went to the branch at 'kawasan perindustrian tebrau'. Google and you should be able to see it.

Hi Igor,

I am interested to explore buying my kitchen and bathroom items from JB. Also interested in buying KDK fan from there. any advise? thanks

I'm looking for ceiling fans, lighting and piece of furniture that's a little more exotic. Honestly, I don't even know what I'm looking XD Does anyone have any suggestions? Will probably be doing my shopping in jb to check out the prices. Will figure out how to get the things back home later!

edit: something along the lines of a H.R. Giger lighting, bathroom accessories, etc. would be awesome! but i don't want to have to order them from overseas so...

Edited by PeppaPig1983