Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
applefreak

Quartz Countertop

am thinking of using quartz countertop coz it seems to provide the pros of granite and corian tops.

also, how much does it cost? and is it difficult to get or most contractors will know where to get?

thanks so much :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
am thinking of using quartz countertop coz it seems to provide the pros of granite and corian tops.

also, how much does it cost? and is it difficult to get or most contractors will know where to get?

thanks so much :P

hi

i also asked my ID abt this quartz thingy, but seems that locally not so well known compared to the other materials available, was thinking maybe go website find more info to show him. My ID suggested me to use granite for my top. Apparently this quartz material is better than those solid top & granite.

just came back from Earnest Interior

they do quartz countertops, but the price is $140pfr

however, might be changing my mind coz the guy said quartz is not the natural type, it's compressed quartz just like compressed marble

and the colour available is very limited

so now consider taking blue pearl

just came back from Earnest Interior

they do quartz countertops, but the price is $140pfr

however, might be changing my mind coz the guy said quartz is not the natural type, it's compressed quartz just like compressed marble

and the colour available is very limited

so now consider taking blue pearl

true, it is man-made material...... harder and tougher than granite, limited design (more towards sparkling speckled like black galazy), limited slab length like granite so will have joint line

but the design they show me only got seven colours

then look like those agar-agar with very little bits of jelly inside

got one look like goat cheese :dancingqueen:

the granite colour is so much nicer...

and ultimately, the quartz price is higher than the most expensive granite

guess that kinda pushed me back to granite :bangwall:

but the design they show me only got seven colours

then look like those agar-agar with very little bits of jelly inside

got one look like goat cheese :P

the granite colour is so much nicer...

and ultimately, the quartz price is higher than the most expensive granite

guess that kinda pushed me back to granite :)

Quartz countertop ?

I believe you guys are talking about Silestone top rite ?

I am looking into this material for my kitchen/vanity top as well.

From web I did see lots and lots of color as this is man made material. Selection is abundant. Only problem is whether there is varieties in SG ornot.

Read a thread in here and it seems to be a very good material.

It has almost all the granite properties except the deep color....

But easier maintenance, uniformed throughout, no need sealant and no linings !

Edited by forkie

hi all... maybe u guys can consider corian top... tested and proven to be safe to handle food on corian and its non porous... eg. u can leave spilled red wine on a corian overnight and clean it next day... it will not leave any stain at all...

Quartz countertop ?

I believe you guys are talking about Silestone top rite ?

I am looking into this material for my kitchen/vanity top as well.

From web I did see lots and lots of color as this is man made material. Selection is abundant. Only problem is whether there is varieties in SG ornot.

Read a thread in here and it seems to be a very good material.

It has almost all the granite properties except the deep color....

But easier maintenance, uniformed throughout, no need sealant and no linings !

Hi, you can check out buildershop on silestone. I also read it on its website that it can take cutting and acid but not sure how true it is? Anyway, purchase mine last month during sale but yet to be install.

Btw the no lining part is NOT TRUE hor! There is still a grove line because unlike solid surface which is a mix of synthetic plastic can mould and bend into any shape and the joints can be melted together before installation. Engineered stone is afterall crush stones moulded together into a slab. The colour variaties aren't fantastic but I can live with it for the price and the level of maintainanence.

Everyone has a budget but whether does it suit YOUR needs.

We are specializing in stone Farm sink. With rich colors

and elegant styles ,our hand-carved and hand-polished

Natural Stone Sinks Collection will harmonize with any

decor.

farm sink,farm sink,stone farm sink,carving farmhouse

sink,sculpt kitchen sink,marble farm sink,granite farm

sink,travertine farm sink,limestone farm sink

Manufacturer, Supplier, Factory, Exporter in china

stone mosaics tile--http://www.stone-mosaics.com/

bathroom stone sinks--http://www.chinasink.com/

stone bathtub-http://www.stone-bathtubs.com/

Hi, you can check out buildershop on silestone. I also read it on its website that it can take cutting and acid but not sure how true it is? Anyway, purchase mine last month during sale but yet to be install.

Btw the no lining part is NOT TRUE hor! There is still a grove line because unlike solid surface which is a mix of synthetic plastic can mould and bend into any shape and the joints can be melted together before installation. Engineered stone is afterall crush stones moulded together into a slab. The colour variaties aren't fantastic but I can live with it for the price and the level of maintainanence.

Everyone has a budget but whether does it suit YOUR needs.

Hi 2ndtime,

Care to show your quartz top ?

Mine still need sometimes coz must wait until my kitchen carpentry arrives then my Quartz top.

Hi all,

Actually i need to do a top for my hob but i am not sure what materials to be used. Learned from this thread about quartz top.

Anyone can help me what type of materials can be used and which one is the best in term of price and quality?

thanks in advance all.

On 8/3/2009 at 10:19 PM, howeas said:

Hi all,

Actually i need to do a top for my hob but i am not sure what materials to be used. Learned from this thread about quartz top.

Anyone can help me what type of materials can be used and which one is the best in term of price and quality?

thanks in advance all.

Hi howeas...i understand that you are looking for countertop, quartz is definitely a good choice 

Quick summary of quartz

ADVANTAGES OF QUARTZ

• Quartz is an abundant mineral and therefore cheaper than granite and marble.
  • Quartz can have many colors depending on the chemical composition of the minerals, and
  • All patterns are synthetically achieved, making it gradations consistent throughout a slab. You have the option of choosing subdued monotones or striking colors
  • Quartz countertops are a simple mixture of 93% crushed quartz rocks and 7% resin binders and color additives.
  • Appears to be a naturally occurring slab and looks rich.
  • It is stronger than granite and more flexible, so it doesn’t  chip as easily as granite does

DISADVANTAGES OF QUARTZ

• Quartz is made in standard slabs and the seams get pretty obvious. A darker colour can help you hide seams, but lighter colours and bold patterns can make seams harder to hide.
  • Quartz is simply less naturally attractive than granite. There are many quartz options that mimic granite but it’s rather poorly done.
  • At a similar price point to granite, which is rather sad considering it’s not as pretty.

Consider looking at other options like marble, granite, dekton, solid surfaces too, they might just suit your needs more!

P.s got the pros and cons from https://www.stoneamperor.com.sg/the-definitive-countertop-guide-2018/
Edited by Jarone Choo Chinyii
didnt finish

Current trend is using marble look-alike quartz! You can visit Stone Amperor to check our what they can offer! Definitely a one-stop solution for all types of kitchen countertop, with reasonable price! :)