Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
millienium_bear

How u normally set nego with the seller's agent?

Hi there! 

Need your advice, please....

Both my hubby and I quite like the unit, as its much nearer to my parents-in-law..

The unit is quite old, 30 years old, and more spacious, but downside is full renovation required for a original condition that is rent out for many years.

So we offer $70k below their asking price due to remote area, and far-away from bus interchange, as the unit requires reno..

but the agent replied, it is too far apart from their asking price through text.. I feel that he is not sincere enough, as when viewing the unit, he mentioned that the owner knows its high cost for reno, and can offer any price that we wanted. so why different from talking on spot, and text? :wacko: To counter my offer price, i told him in a nasty tone that his description is far cry from what we have seen in real life, and their asking price is about the same price for those houses that are nearer to bus interchange/ shopping mall. (he claimed that there is amenities downstairs, etc, but truth is too remote area with forest viewing side...)

Is there any tips to get the housing agent to "understand" the market, and talk to the owner?

FYI - the unit started advertised in Sept this year, and so far no takers for this unit.. The owner has multi-properties, and is not in hurry to sell off after long years of renting. 

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Have you and your husband approached an agent to represent on your behalf to do this negotiation with the seller agent? As an agent will be in a better position to negotiate for you with the seller agent.