Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
oryza

Kitchen Fengshui

Hi All 

Need help. Hb consulted a FS master and she came up with 101 rules, making it almost impossible to design a functional kitchen. 

I understand Stove should not face kitchen door, but what if, it is facing service yard door? will it be ok then? 

The FS master is impossible to communicate, she insist on doing her layout, and her layout leaves me with only 10cm between the sink and stove -.-

Below are her "rules", can any kind soul tell me what is impt and must follow and what is not that big deal if we dont follow?

Thank you! 

1) stove cannot face kitchen door

2) basin cannot face stove

3) stove cannot face fridge

4) fridge cannot face door

5) stove cannot have toilet at the back

6) stove cannot face water items and cannot too near sink

7) stove must at least 1 feet away from sink and fridge. 

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 12/6/2017 at 5:02 PM, oryza said:

1) stove cannot face kitchen door.

Let not her comments affect u.:yeah:

Our body come 'toilet/stove/frig/basic....' built within 'limited space'. So, what're the problems?:D

The 5-element theorem has been misused by her money-making sense, in the name of FS.:wacko:

Can't image what dwelling unit would look like if she be architectural consultant to BCA. :bangwall:

On 12/6/2017 at 5:02 PM, oryza said:

Hi All 

Need help. Hb consulted a FS master and she came up with 101 rules, making it almost impossible to design a functional kitchen. 

I understand Stove should not face kitchen door, but what if, it is facing service yard door? will it be ok then? 

The FS master is impossible to communicate, she insist on doing her layout, and her layout leaves me with only 10cm between the sink and stove -.-

Below are her "rules", can any kind soul tell me what is impt and must follow and what is not that big deal if we dont follow?

Thank you! 

1) stove cannot face kitchen door

Hi,  the advice given to us by our FSM also quite similar to the points you listed. Is your house a BTO? Ours is a BTO so what we did is this:

- Hack away existing service yard windows/doors/walls and move the service yard opening to the side instead.
- With the above, we are able to create an "L" shape kitchen cabinets. The stove sits on the long side, the basin on the shorter side facing service yard
- Fridge is on other side of the "non-L" wall, we didn't built any cabinets here. So only got fridge here and it doesn't face the stove.
- Only issue is our built in oven in the tall unit is facing kitchen door.. but we don't think it's an issue.

Hope this helps!