Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Lim Judy

Height of kitchen cabinet

Hi, i would like to chk if the height of the kitchen cabinet should be of the same height from one end to the other? My id had suggested 35.5 inches height for my base cabinets but end up only one side is 35.5 and it gradually go up to 36 inches for the stove and 36.5 for the sink.  I told him this is wrong but he insisted that should be the way.  I am very angry and concerned when my other family members who are shorter than me to use the stove which may be too high for them.  Please advise.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

How come the counter height is not consistent? It should not be shopping. Mine I did at 900mm high. I'm 1.83m and my wife is 1.69m tall. My mum is about 1.5+ and she had no problem using it but she would prefer it to be 850mm high.

Anyway 36.5" is way too high. Kitchen top should be max 900mm, i.e. 35.5"

My id has been with this company for 5 years n according to him he had done my houses.  His company has been ard for abt 20years n his boss even got an award.  Many defects in my house and also carpentry work is lousy.  Cant even do a proper job when fixing the glass panel for my display unit when the id said they have partner with his company for more than 10 years.

By the way, is the kitchen cabinets suppose to sit on top of the cement base and there should be no gap in between?  I am shocked to see that my kitchen cabinets is supported by small pieces of wood throughout when i bent down to look at it.

Typically it should be either concrete base or metal legs with fascial board cover infront. Another type is hanging. U got photos?

Yes.  But i am waiting for the id company boss to come n settle my kitchen issue next week.  I am also shocked to see such work produced by a reputable company.  I can even see the wall tiles behind while bending down.  Not only did they not follow the measurements correctly, they even do such a thing.  The raw wood will eventually invite termites and water will go into the gap n may even breed mosquitoes.