Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Onedegreenorth

Need help with dishwasher

Hi,

I would like to add a dishwasher to my existing kitchen. I am considering a full size dishwasher or a built in drawer type (replace one of my existing kitchen cabinet drawer). Has anyone done this before? Should I engage a plumber or an electrician? Or a kitchen Reno contractor? If it involves working with my cabinet - do I need a carpenter?

and does anyone know if I need hot water pipe? Or does the dishwasher heat up the water on its own? 

Sorry for the many questions!! Any help is much, much appreciated!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Not sure if it is too late but you can contact Rina Electrical (http://rinaelectrical.com.sg/), they can come down and have a look and advise what model will fit in the existing cabinetry and what else you need to change to accomodate a dishwasher.  They sell a wide range of brands so you won’t be stuck to one brand.

They charge $50 for the service which is refundable if you ultimately purchase from them.  Over the past few years,  I bought replacement built in oven, steam oven, microwave oven and dishwasher and they were very helpful.

Hey, I don't know if you found the answer to your question, but I could suggest you try ianboer.com.au dishwashers, they have a big assortment, and they are doing way better work than others. I took from them the dishwasher and dryer. If you are undecided their consultant can give you any advice you will ask.