Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yokechye

Our 2nd Home Sweet Home - 5rm Resale

15 hours ago, KFC1189 said:

Really impressive home that you have! It is good that you concealed all the pipes in the bathrooms. The tree-like pipes look really horrible! 

I notice that you don't have a drying rack in the kitchen. Do you have a clothes dryer in the kitchen?

Is there a door to close off your walk in wardrobe? Won't it be too exposed when you or your wife change clothes inside?

Thank you!

As our unit is point block type, the outdoor rack is quite recessed in facing North, so there's not much sunlight to dry the clothes. We dry our clothes at our cosy corner every morning which received good morning sun and clothes dries by noon. Still looking around for a suitable rack to be installed at that corner. Furthermore hanging the clothes in the kitchen means oil smell because we often cook at home.

Our walk-in wardrobe entrance is away from the bedroom entrance. We always close the bedroom door if we are hanging in there. But we are considering to install a curtain across the wardrobe entrance to minimize dust entry actually.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

your reno looks good!

Did you hire an ID or contractor? I'm guessing contractor from your detailed sketchup models?

can share your contractor/aircon contacts?

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 9:58 AM, yokechye said:

Thank you!

As our unit is point block type, the outdoor rack is quite recessed in facing North, so there's not much sunlight to dry the clothes. We dry our clothes at our cosy corner every morning which received good morning sun and clothes dries by noon. Still looking around for a suitable rack to be installed at that corner. Furthermore hanging the clothes in the kitchen means oil smell because we often cook at home.

Our walk-in wardrobe entrance is away from the bedroom entrance. We always close the bedroom door if we are hanging in there. But we are considering to install a curtain across the wardrobe entrance to minimize dust entry actually.

Hi Yokechye, I think it is better to install a glass door at the entrance of your WIW. Besides keeping out dust and saving aircon bill, it looks more elegant with a glass door.

For the drying rack to be placed in your cozy corner, do you plan to have the ceiling mount type or just those floor clothes rack with 4 wheels?

Hi... love the theme of your house.. after 1kid..we going to move from our matrimonial home to another one that is more kid friendly.. is it possible to share your contractor contacts? 

3 hours ago, KFC1189 said:

Hi Yokechye, I think it is better to install a glass door at the entrance of your WIW. Besides keeping out dust and saving aircon bill, it looks more elegant with a glass door.

For the drying rack to be placed in your cozy corner, do you plan to have the ceiling mount type or just those floor clothes rack with 4 wheels?

Initially we were considering a glass door but decided not to have it as we thought that the  door might become white elephant as we saw many who just leave the door open "forever" due to frequent in and out. So curtain would be just nice by drawing it. And it saves space as well. Since it's a small space, we don't mind having it "air-conditioned" because without the wardrobe, the air conditioning will still need to cool the same area.

We are looking at ceiling mounted. However we do not need a full fledged type. In the future we will still get a dryer.

2 hours ago, hopeless2212 said:

Hi... love the theme of your house.. after 1kid..we going to move from our matrimonial home to another one that is more kid friendly.. is it possible to share your contractor contacts? 

Thanks! We also decided to move to a bigger house due to our 2nd kid. Our new place definitely gives us more breathing space. However we missed our previous neighbors as they were extremely friendly elderlies. Have to make new neighbors again.

PM you my contractor's contact.

Hi there! Love the progress till the final touches. 

Would you mind sharing your contractor's contact?

Also, how much did you spend on your renovation and what was the lead time till completion?

Hope to hear from you soon. Cheers!

On 9/4/2018 at 5:14 PM, misirlou said:

Hi there! Love the progress till the final touches. 

Would you mind sharing your contractor's contact?

Also, how much did you spend on your renovation and what was the lead time till completion?

Hope to hear from you soon. Cheers!

Thanks! sent u a PM

Installed the toilet mirror cabinet (size: 900x700) we got from taobao. including shipping about S$200. the quality is very good as it used plywood.

20180903_193410.jpg.ad882a5091feea48869007552c43d44f.jpg

Thanks for your sharing of very nicely done up house with many good ideas.

I have several questions. 

Did you do false ceiling for your living and kitchen?

I don't see any water pipes in your kitchen. Where are they running? Are they hidden by the false ceiling? 

For the concrete screed walls in kitchen, did they paint sealer or anything over it? 

You installed System 5 air con?

Is your HDB the old 30Amps type or its the newer 40 Amps type or have electrical upgrading done? 

Which air con is this? Cos I cannot find a system 5 that I'm allowed to install as I'm on the old 30 Amps. 

Your air con trunking is run very nicely.

Can share which company is this? 

The partition wall for your master room with the laminate. Is that using those partition gypsum board or plywood? Cos don't know gypsum board can put laminate or not. 

Can you share your cost and ID and lead time for all this?

Thank you. 

On 9/12/2018 at 8:51 AM, WuffRuff said:

Thanks for your sharing of very nicely done up house with many good ideas.

I have several questions. 

Did you do false ceiling for your living and kitchen?

I don't see any water pipes in your kitchen. Where are they running? Are they hidden by the false ceiling? 

For the concrete screed walls in kitchen, did they paint sealer or anything over it? 

You installed System 5 air con?

Is your HDB the old 30Amps type or its the newer 40 Amps type or have electrical upgrading done? 

Which air con is this? Cos I cannot find a system 5 that I'm allowed to install as I'm on the old 30 Amps. 

Your air con trunking is run very nicely.

Can share which company is this? 

The partition wall for your master room with the laminate. Is that using those partition gypsum board or plywood? Cos don't know gypsum board can put laminate or not. 

Can you share your cost and ID and lead time for all this?

Thank you. 

Hi WuffRuff

Only the living room are installed with false ceiling. The kitchen did not. If you see from the photo taken looking at the kitchen entrance, you can see the where the water pipe runs. Everything runs along the beam above the entrance which is not visible from the living room, so it gave an impression that false ceiling was installed in kitchen. 

For the kitchen wall, it is just pure concrete screed finished. Initially wanted to add on a sealer but it will make the wall even darker. The light grey color is bright and good.

I installed a system 3 + system 2. The block had underwent electrical upgrading, and I went to look around my neighbour's window, there are some units with 2 compressor. Frankly I also dunno if there is 30 or 40 Amps but I am sure electrical upgrading was completed.

My aircon was done up by Tim Wong. He can be contacted by 92321641. He used to do our first home and my mum's home. Their workmanship was pretty good so decided to engage him again. 

I am assuming that you are referring to the partition beside the dresser table? It is actually carpentry partition, i.e. with wood frame and laminate on plywood. part of the feature wall in the living room.

PM you on my ID contact etc.

hi, 

you install system 2 and system 3. where is the location of compressor?

below master room window?

or somewhere else

and please PM contractor contact, thanks