Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yokechye

Our 2nd Home Sweet Home - 5rm Resale

On 9/16/2018 at 11:29 AM, satiny said:

hi, 

you install system 2 and system 3. where is the location of compressor?

below master room window?

or somewhere else

and please PM contractor contact, thanks

Hi! apologies for the late respond. Just came back not long ago from overseas.

The compressor are located outside the master room and another common room windows nearer to our study room. The usual place for older flats without aircon ledge.

PM you my contractor contact.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

some were asking me how does the connection below the sink looks like. Here it is. Flexible pipes supplied together with the sink.

20190101_133732.jpg.f67d9e283cfef83efb1e8d6b82f214c5.jpg

hi your PM box is full

is it possible to share your reno break down and costs? future house is similar size to yours and would like to get an idea how much i should be budgeting.

On 12/25/2017 at 10:16 PM, yokechye said:

Had been doing some brain storming and sketchup models for the past few weeks to test out the space and what we can do to our new home. 

Please comment if you have!

5a4107e80ad5c_06-46720171225topview.jpg.97b25b704a48d8b6464a412db0a3377d.jpg5a4107e931ca3_06-46720171225view2.jpg.6bb68ba7c2da9912bafa1d385c0337d7.jpg5a4107e9a032a_06-46720171225view3.jpg.72d58b5efdccd54b0c3fb0f81dda2002.jpg5a4107e886e8f_06-46720171225view1.jpg.0063ee0b781ac5970903f174b1f3026c.jpg

Hi, nice layout design. I have been searching for a place where I can do some layout visualization for my flat. Able to advise where I can go to do that? Thanks alot.

On 2/4/2019 at 9:37 AM, Mchrisger said:

Hi, nice layout design. I have been searching for a place where I can do some layout visualization for my flat. Able to advise where I can go to do that? Thanks alot.

Hi, I used sketchup to do the visualization. Unfortunately sketchup is no longer "free" software to download.

There is a online version for personal use with limited functions https://www.sketchup.com/plans-and-pricing#for-personal

Alternatively you can try download the 2017 version or earlier to use offline.

It's a pretty good basic software to do up ideas for reno.

On 9/13/2018 at 10:55 PM, yokechye said:

Hi WuffRuff

Only the living room are installed with false ceiling. The kitchen did not. If you see from the photo taken looking at the kitchen entrance, you can see the where the water pipe runs. Everything runs along the beam above the entrance which is not visible from the living room, so it gave an impression that false ceiling was installed in kitchen. 

For the kitchen wall, it is just pure concrete screed finished. Initially wanted to add on a sealer but it will make the wall even darker. The light grey color is bright and good.

I installed a system 3 + system 2. The block had underwent electrical upgrading, and I went to look around my neighbour's window, there are some units with 2 compressor. Frankly I also dunno if there is 30 or 40 Amps but I am sure electrical upgrading was completed.

My aircon was done up by Tim Wong. He can be contacted by 92321641. He used to do our first home and my mum's home. Their workmanship was pretty good so decided to engage him again. 

I am assuming that you are referring to the partition beside the dresser table? It is actually carpentry partition, i.e. with wood frame and laminate on plywood. part of the feature wall in the living room.

PM you on my ID contact etc.

Thanks for sharing your journey and with all the wonderfully taken photos!

If you have a chance to go through the reno process all over again, what would you have differently? Also, is there anything you would have designed differently, having lived in your apartment for several months?  Can you also share your links for purchases at Taobao?

We will be collecting keys to our resale flat in April and are having a huge headache with getting a contractor as we are still overseas. Able to share your contractor contact? Thanks! 

Edited by patpatrol

On 2/6/2019 at 12:22 PM, patpatrol said:

Thanks for sharing your journey and with all the wonderfully taken photos!

If you have a chance to go through the reno process all over again, what would you have differently? Also, is there anything you would have designed differently, having lived in your apartment for several months?  Can you also share your links for purchases at Taobao?

We will be collecting keys to our resale flat in April and are having a huge headache with getting a contractor as we are still overseas. Able to share your contractor contact? Thanks! 

Hi patpatrol

If we had to go through the reno process again, i would not do the top glass portion in my living and study partition.  Also I would do the flooring with a lighter tone, which can brighten up the living space further. but too bad they do not have the lighter tone vinyl for the model we choosen.

which taobao purchases you interested? there are quite a number of taobao purchases I did. 

Will PM you our contractor's contact.