Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Felixius

Renovation, A&A or Reconstruction

After a wait of several months, I’m finally going to exercise the OTP of my 2-storey inter-terrace this month. I have a small budget of $400-500k. If situation permits, I’m planning to add 1-1.5 storey to maximise the buildup area. URA masterplan indicates max 3 storey for landed housing.

Condition of the FH inter-terrace is good (built around 1990s) and seller is staying in it. Land area : 1619 sq ft (150.4 sq m) / Current Build up : approx 2000-2100sq ft

I have tried asking my seller’s property agent to obtain a copy of the floor/structural plan for my reference, to confirm the actual build up area but he kept telling me that the seller doesn’t have it and his most recent reply is that “please talk to your architect or builder. They know the process of getting the floor plan. We closed a few cases in Dec...” As such, I will be buying the property with no clue of actual build up area and structural details. :huh:

With an indicative budget of say $400-500k, is it possible to do a reconstruction to add the 1.5 storey?

An architect has roughly quoted $600k+ for the job excluding carpentry.

Please kindly advise.....

(1) Reconstruction Budget of $400-500k to add another 1000-2000 sq ft. Is it achievable?

(2) If not, the next alternative is A&A to expand/extend the bedrooms and redo the kitchen area and car porch thereby adding 500-1000 sq ft, what will the indicative cost be?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On 1/6/2018 at 12:30 PM, Felixius said:

After a wait of several months, I’m finally going to exercise the OTP of my 2-storey inter-terrace this month. I have a small budget of $400-500k. If situation permits, I’m planning to add 1-1.5 storey to maximise the buildup area. URA masterplan indicates max 3 storey for landed housing.

Condition of the FH inter-terrace is good (built around 1990s) and seller is staying in it. Land area : 1619 sq ft (150.4 sq m) / Current Build up : approx 2000-2100sq ft

I have tried asking my seller’s property agent to obtain a copy of the floor/structural plan for my reference, to confirm the actual build up area but he kept telling me that the seller doesn’t have it and his most recent reply is that “please talk to your architect or builder. They know the process of getting the floor plan. We closed a few cases in Dec...” As such, I will be buying the property with no clue of actual build up area and structural details. :huh:

With an indicative budget of say $400-500k, is it possible to do a reconstruction to add the 1.5 storey?

(1) Reconstruction Budget of $400-500k to add another 1000-2000 sq ft. Is it achievable?

(2) If not, the next alternative is A&A to expand/extend the bedrooms and redo the kitchen area and car porch thereby adding 500-1000 sq ft, what will the indicative cost be?

Hello Felixius,

Thank you for signing up with RenoTalk's forum.

Would you like to leave a request for renovation quotations at http://www.renotalk.com?

Just key in your request with your contact details - contact number and email address are details we definitely need - and we will contact you from there to clarify before sending your request to our contractors and interior designers.

We look forward to receiving your request as soon as possible so that we can assist you with your renovation plan.

Cheers!

The RenoTalk Team

On 1/6/2018 at 12:30 PM, Felixius said:

Hello Felixius,

Alternatively, you can PM us your contact details so that we can assign you to our selected interior designers and contractors to assist you directly.

Hope this arrangement is alright with you.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Cheers!

The RenoTalk Team