Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
xjbn

Waterproofing and repair of leaking roof (landed House)

Hi all 

I need recommendations for waterproofing and repair of roof. My family home (Landed House) is being fully renovated (tear down and rebuild) but the current contractor is very slip-shod. The ceilings, and windows in some of the bedrooms have water leaking in. There is now mould growing on the ceilings! The roof is a cement/concrete roof. Not a tiled or zinc roof. 

I’m afraid if this current contractor isn’t going to do a good job, we have to find another solution. The house is still under renovation (nearing the end of the process).

Thanks. 

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I would look into a good local roofer or two and get quotes. Then look for reputation before concluding. I personally had to dig in to a few options before deciding when I fixed my father's roof in St. Louis and the choice was looking hard at first, but turned out to be easy-peasy. Most contractors don't offer any validation and examples of previous work which I find sketchy. Only cwcroofing was willing to show me and even guide me through how they work which is amazing. The rest was just a matter of personal choice and directions when it came to the installation.

Answer :

This is probably not the type of work that you would want to do yourself. Please contact reliable painting professionals who can inspect and assess your roof. If your house painter is unable to help, ask friends for contacts or search online for painters in your area .