Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lc3308

ID's staff took deposit and no receipt issued

Hi All, 

Would like to check if you guys have faced similar issue and appreciate if there is any advice. Recently one of the ID consultants from one of the reputable ID firms taken 2nd payment (30% deposit) from me and work proceeded halfway and stopped, as he was into some personal legal case with the police. Only got to know about this from the staffs at the office when I called and went down to the office. Requested for the receipt for the 2nd payment but was told that since the office did not receive the payment, the company is unable to issue the receipt. I have told and shown the manager the WhatsApp message which clearly stated that the consultant had taken it. I have spoken to the manager about this and he verbally agreed that he/the company will take over and continue with this project. Wanted to have an official acknowledgment of the 2nd payment.

Any advice/action to safeguard myself or I have to take legal action? Appreciate all your advices.

Thanks.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Did you pay the consultant or the company? I will never issue a cheque to a personal name account for renovations. You can now either rely the renovation company to abide by their words and be firm with them that if they don't complete the project, you will need to lodge a police report and seek recourse.