Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
HTAN

False ceiling in resale condo

Hi I just got a 13 year old resale condo. Going to hack all the kitchen and bathroom wall tiles. Do we need to hack the false ceiling in there as well?

Most of the IDs we spoke to included hacking the false ceiling in the quotations. Only 1 ID say no need as he is able to hack the walls without spoiling the existing false ceiling. Need advice on whether this is possible? or he is just trying to give a low initial quote? 

Thank you!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
16 hours ago, HTAN said:

Hi I just got a 13 year old resale condo. Going to hack all the kitchen and bathroom wall tiles. Do we need to hack the false ceiling in there as well?

Most of the IDs we spoke to included hacking the false ceiling in the quotations. Only 1 ID say no need as he is able to hack the walls without spoiling the existing false ceiling. Need advice on whether this is possible? or he is just trying to give a low initial quote? 

Thank you!

I think it is needed to take of the false ceiling. As everything is connected. Even if the ID did not remove the ceiling. It will not be as good as when you hack the wall, it will definitely affect it.

ok, HTAN, its yes and no.

u can take off false ceiling, and redo. this definitely will be nicer.

u don't need to take off false ceiling, but the joints between the ceiling and the wall tiles will definitely does not look as nice as u redo the false ceiling.

so it actually depends on ur threshold to workmanship and ur budget.

On 1/19/2018 at 2:10 AM, HTAN said:

Do we need to hack the false ceiling in there as well?

In my personal opinion i think its better to do it, its just better that way

• Like 1