Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ando Tadao

5RM Resale: Let there be light

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Finally a side table that matches the house, at great price too! (SGD200 off Taobao, the seller was said to be one of the furniture CM to Muji)

SideTable.jpg.ef0fa2ce4abe1fb189037c5f802d120c.jpg

(Having some problem with my Blanco Naya 6, but that's another story for another day!).

23 hours ago, Ando Tadao said:

(Having some problem with my Blanco Naya 6, but that's another story for another day!).

Oh no, what happened? I'm getting a Blanco too. Will be camping here for updates! 

On 5/21/2018 at 10:51 AM, Ando Tadao said:

Yes pls keep us updated as I had just installed Blanck Naya 6 just a week ago .....

Hope I did not create a panic over Blanco Silgranit sink :D

No doubt Blanco Silgranit sink is a good product, Naya 6 is a good product, but nothing is perfect.

So here's the first half of the story:

My Naya 6 was installed in February, during the installation my plumber did a water leak test. Being a super careful person I did another water leak test 2 weeks later. Both test came out fine.

3 months past and one morning last week while I was cleaning my mug I saw a tiny yellow line on the left side of the sink, thought to be a stain initially I tried cleaning it off with detergent but without success. It was when I checked under the sink then I realized that was a six inches hairline crack with water seeping out. 

So I went down to Hoe Kee showing them the pictures and invoice, the staff then told me they will report it to the office. A staff called me the next day and arranged an onsite inspection. During the inspection we were told that there were many possibilities to the crack, e.g. installation, handling, etc. Of course these are not new to us, when more than one pair of hands in the process chain then all kind of theories or benefit of doubts will definitely surface. 

Although we stressed that there was no sign of impact or mishandling during the inspection, we are prepared to have to pay a certain amount of fee to have this situation rectified, for Singapore is not exactly a country where consumers are protected like in the State or EU, although there is a Lemon Law in place but somehow I see certain ambiguity within the clauses.

Anyway we are still waiting for Hoe Kee's final disposition, till then I can only hope for the best.

I see no reason to worry about Blanco product quality, but do pay extra attention and effort during receiving inspection, and doubt every single uncertainty. According to Hoe Kee if the sink has not been installed they will exchange without a question, and if possible, engage Hoe Kee for sink installation instead to avoid doubts on "installation mistake" or "mishandling".

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 10:51 AM, Ando Tadao said:

Finally a side table that matches the house, at great price too! (SGD200 off Taobao, the seller was said to be one of the furniture CM to Muji)

SideTable.jpg.ef0fa2ce4abe1fb189037c5f802d120c.jpg

This is a beautiful piece! :wub:

Do you have to assemble it yourself ? Is it convenient to share which TB seller is this?

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 10:19 AM, Ando Tadao said:

The Studlivedine room

Is now functionally complete, with the addition of a dining table and bench. The dining table, although serves only 2 individuals most of the time, has to be at least 180cm long, as it doubles up as work bench at times. It should be functional, hence the shape will be simple and the structure must be sturdy.

One could not imagined the level of difficulty to locate this no-frills oak dining table, most of the conventional furniture shops we went sell only fancy marble tops or cheaply made MDF panels. After months of searching, it came down to 3 final contestants: MÖRBYLÅNGA, Muji Natural Oak Table and Ethnic-Craft Oak Double Dining Table. MÖRBYLÅNGA would have mounted a tough fight should they come in 180cm variant with oak finish (only 140cm and 220 cm with walnut finish are available now), and after much consideration, Muji Natural Oak Table stood out as we planned to match it with another *cough* few *cough* Muji oak series in future.

658E8A37-79D8-45F7-B4B4-9AAFDA255664.jpeg

Really very pretty house you have! The colours of the floor, table and sofa matches so well. I am looking to have such a colour scheme, but with kids, its not going to be easy to maintain.

2 hours ago, MsChocobanana said:

This is a beautiful piece! :wub:

Do you have to assemble it yourself ? Is it convenient to share which TB seller is this?

Just put on 4 legs and it's good to go, around 15 mins including unpacking.

Here's the link:

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.0.0.18ba2e8dk1R7Xh&id=557980653651&_u=j1m9o3paeb1b

2 hours ago, MsChocobanana said:

Really very pretty house you have! The colours of the floor, table and sofa matches so well. I am looking to have such a colour scheme, but with kids, its not going to be easy to maintain.

Thanks. You are right, it's pretty hard to maintain even for just the 2 of us. lol

On 5/4/2018 at 10:44 AM, Ando Tadao said:

Ikea BEKVÄM Step Stool, probably the best 24.90 spent, ever.

Study_02_edited.jpg

Can I ask what is the thickness of your bookshelf shelving? Mine is 1.5cm thick and is visibly sagging when I placed my books on top of the shelving. 

On 7/30/2018 at 1:18 PM, opila said:

Can I ask what is the thickness of your bookshelf shelving? Mine is 1.5cm thick and is visibly sagging when I placed my books on top of the shelving. 

My shelf width is 880mm with a depth of 340mm, I specifically requested 18mm thick planks. Based on my experience even with this thickness the planks will sag in 2-3 years time, when it happens I will turn the planks 180deg and counter the deformation.

On 2/16/2018 at 5:29 PM, Ando Tadao said:

Happy CNY to all.

The bathrooms are now complete!

DA18767C-7CB9-4DBD-8627-DC7C85A583F4.jpeg

EE3A8FB7-510D-4B94-9472-8EDFD66FB89F.jpeg

049C1238-9889-4B21-B80B-DFEA9BD990CC.jpeg

56E71698-3EBD-485D-8469-5BC9631FD2A5.jpeg

Hi, did you have a concrete counter support for your basin (1st picture)? How do they put the carpentry e.g. drawers and doors in it? Care to show the interior please? Thank you. 

Hi,

U have a gorgeous home that would make everyone envy!

I love ur cylinder type of surface mounted lighting, super nice seh. Mind to share where u bought it, and how much it cost and the model? I had been searching everywhere couldn’t find any. Good using experience?

Million thanks in adv!!!

44335A78-CDAF-4BCB-92F9-FB4CE3904983.jpeg

Edited by Yuencs

On 8/2/2018 at 3:17 PM, merryjane said:

Hi, did you have a concrete counter support for your basin (1st picture)? How do they put the carpentry e.g. drawers and doors in it? Care to show the interior please? Thank you. 

Hi sorry I kept forgetting to take a photo for you. Yes it is concrete support and the carpenter has constructed wooden frame support inside.

7BACA430-272C-41E5-9C48-AB200A7D5769.jpeg

On 8/22/2018 at 9:10 PM, Yuencs said:

Hi,

U have a gorgeous home that would make everyone envy!

I love ur cylinder type of surface mounted lighting, super nice seh. Mind to share where u bought it, and how much it cost and the model? I had been searching everywhere couldn’t find any. Good using experience?

Million thanks in adv!!!

44335A78-CDAF-4BCB-92F9-FB4CE3904983.jpeg

Thanks for the kind words.

You are right these lights are extremely hard to locate. There are 2 types actually, one type utilizes embedded led (threecubes sells them, lazada and taobao too), the other uses generic light bulbs (more difficult to find).

Mine are e27 bulb version 4” size so I can fit with Philips HUE bulbs. I got them from Malaysia e-mart at Nuda Bestari. Around sgd 10 per light (no bulb).

The official name is Surface mounted downlight, in Malaysia they call it milo-tin light.