Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Katherina Koh

First Reno Experience 5 BDR at CCK

Dear all,

We've just collected the keys to our new house! Although not soon enough to move in to celebrate new year, but I don't mind. New year new house! We'll go celebrate cny first then! Hahahaha, anyone got any recommendation for ID? Both my husband & I are clueless!

Here's the floor plan, budget about 50k. Any recommendation is welcome!

floor plan.jpg

Edited by Katherina Koh

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hellooooo :DDD

After meeting so many IDs. Some wanna carrot us, some smoke us, some don't understand us, some showroom really fanciful, some no showroom. But only one replied us: "Let's meet on site, since you guys are new and your place is ready"

So bae and me was like okay lor.

We met at the void deck, all 3 of us clad in red due to cny. HAHAHA

Unfortunately, our place is not really ideal to bai nian.

The moment the door open, our designer first sentence was: "I recommend you all do vinyl, cheap & nice. Most young generation uses it"

We liked the way he guide us along on what to do, rather than ask us what to do. But there was stuffs that was recommended but we find it not required like tv console, study table. Which he said will remove from the quotation.

He later even drew on the wall using pencil how big the feature wall and kitchen cabinets will be to allow us to visualise clearer.

5a993e7d8a2c1_WhatsAppImage2018-01-31at9_01_12AM.jpeg.58df655c9dc823e9d425fc780514cfe0.jpeg

Then at the walkway, he noticed an extra door leading to our master bedroom. That's because the previous owner hacked the connecting wall to convert into walk-in wardrobe.

Then he told us: "Basic fengshui normally doesn't allow 2 doors into master bedroom, if not your husband go in from one, go out from another."

So he recommended us to either seal the door, or seal the connecting wall. Since we so pan tang, we listened to his advice.

5a993e67b0746_WhatsAppImage2018-01-31at9_01.10AM-2.jpeg.30c271c8cbfd25e678657a075bdba119.jpeg

Basically kitchen nothing much, previous wall has already been hacked down. So he suggested we keep it that way to save cost and also open concept makes the house looks bigger. 

5a993e70538d3_WhatsAppImage2018-01-31at9_01_14AM.jpeg.8849d52e1fdb8be48a74926e71845e7d.jpeg