Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
John96

Reconstruction and A&A help

We recently bought an old corner terrace with an odd shaped land. Am looking to extend the house outwards and hopefully upwards with a possibility of wanting to raise the ceiling height. What is this then termed as and what kinda costs can I estimate? Land size is 3100. What's the max built up?

Does anyone have a builder to recommend or not recommend?

Thanks for the help and advice.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

single storey? if yes, better to rebuilt. named as "new development" or "erection" of new dwelling.

if 2 storey, check what zone your house is in. if in 2 story zone, max only add another attic level and you can do a A&A or Reconstruction.

how much can be build up depends on your land size. need to adhere to the general setbacks of 7.5m front and 2m side and rear for the new building foot print. a general estimate is about $300 psf for construction cost but depends also on your site and what finishing you choose for your house.

either way, you would need a registered architect to do the drawings and submission though some builders have their "in-house" architect to do for you.

Thanks for the reply Snoozee.

It's actually already a 2.5 storey house as it has an attic in the floor plans though it hasn't been used. Based on floor plans, the attic seems quite short and is a hindrance as it has the ceiling beams cutting across to support the roof. The flooring though is thick concrete so was advised by neighbours that it's ok to leave as.

How can we check the dining though?  I generally see most houses as 3 or 2.5 storeys in the area.

Thanks 

go to URA website, https://www.ura.gov.sg/maps/ and change the basemap to Landed Housing Areas Plan.

from there, find your house address and see what zone it lies in. if it's a 2 storey zone, then you can't do much about it anymore unless you want to tear down the roof and extend the height of the attic. however there is also a limit of how high the attic can be as well as the overall building height. for extension of attic, you might be able to get a builder to do it and have a PE to endorse on the structure plans.

based on what you see as most houses are 3 storey or 2.5 storey, you are most likely to be in a 2 storey zone as some houses do look like a 3 storey house from outside but it is legally a 2 storey house with attic. however I may be wrong so check URA's plans for confirmation.

Recently introduced to three builders:
Builders265. Hottoh. Morningside.

Anyone with feedback on the above? Can PM me if inconvenient to share on this forum.
Much appreciated!

On 3/20/2018 at 9:11 AM, John96 said:

Recently introduced to three builders:
Builders265. Hottoh. Morningside.

Anyone with feedback on the above? Can PM me if inconvenient to share on this forum.
Much appreciated!

hi John,

Did you like your builder? would you recommend them? I recently bought a inter terrace and looking to add a bedroom with ensuite bathroom + some build in area on the 1st floor too. Would be great to have some recommended builder.

Much appreciated.

Hi... Found the builder to be quite good. He speaks ok but not so great EL, whilst I'm the other way around. So with pics and lots of drawings the work gets done, but a bit of struggle. Else workmanship is good and prompt. Decent price I reckon. Did a few quotes here and there and it pretty much was standard.

Not sure if I can list builder here but if you want, just PM me and I'll pass you the contact.

On 6/6/2018 at 9:17 AM, BuBBleBee said:

Hi IS250C,

Can share your experience with Morningside @ Mid View City?

Edited by IS250C

On 3/6/2018 at 10:49 PM, John96 said:

We recently bought an old corner terrace with an odd shaped land. Am looking to extend the house outwards and hopefully upwards with a possibility of wanting to raise the ceiling height. What is this then termed as and what kinda costs can I estimate? Land size is 3100. What's the max built up?

Does anyone have a builder to recommend or not recommend?

Thanks for the help and advice.

you may like to try my builder who did renovation for me, heard he also did new buildings for private. 83137177 Mr AK

Hi would appreciate if anyone can share contacts and experience of their Builders. Looking to extend out a original 2 storey inter terrace

3 hours ago, ZZEC said:

Hi would appreciate if anyone can share contacts and experience of their Builders. Looking to extend out a original 2 storey inter terrace

Maybe I can be of some help on layout planning & full owner's budget advice. Kindly email your property's infor & your requirement to threecubebuilders@ymail.com