Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Sreejithb

ID to avoid from Absolook Design Studio at Ubi

Hi everyone,

I don't want to talk bad about Absolook as a whole since I never made past our first appointment with our ID that was assigned to us. You can PM me or email me at sreejithb@gmail.com for the name of the ID. I would highly advise you to stay away from him if you have any respect for your time. Here is my experience:

We made an appointment to meet up with the ID at 11:00am at their office in Ubi. On our way to the office, I got a text from him saying he will be late and we should "have a drink at the coffee shop meanwhile". We thought he might just be 10-15 mins late, so we said it's fine. We started our wait with a coffee and ended up having lunch thanks to him not showing up for 55 minutes. And despite asking us to wait at the coffee shop, he did not even bother to come down and bring us over to the office. We went over to the office after he messaged that he was already there and had to look for him. What irritated us the most was that he did not offer a single apology for making us wait 55 minutes. Not over the phone, not over the texts and not even face to face. How can someone come 55 minutes late for a meeting and not offer an apology? I even asked him if his previous client made him late giving him an opportunity to apologize, but he simply said "nope. I am coming from home".

Then came the discussion. Before meeting up with him, I had sent him the floor plan, full list of my kitchen appliance and some ideas that I have my own (kitchen wall hacking etc). But when the meeting started, it was clear that he did not bother to prepare anything at all. Great! I had already lost hope. After the meeting, he said he will send the quotation in 2 days (6th March). 

Yesterday (20th March), I got a message from him. The first one after our meeting on 4th March saying the quotation is ready and asking us to come down. Again, no apology for the delay after promising us the quotation on 6th March. It's like he is unaware of the concept of "professionalism". Since we have no interest in waiting another 55 minutes for him at the coffee shop, I politely asked him to email it to us so we can take a look first. He said he will email "soon". Then he went missing again. I reminded him 1.5 hours later and no reply. I reminded him again today morning and he said he will email me the first thing after he gets to his office. 

The fact that I am sitting here and typing in this review should give you a hint if I ever received that email. 

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hello there.. Is he based  in ubi branch  only?? Cos from what I Knw absolook have a few branches . I am planning to get their help in my upcoming project but will dropping by at their showroom branch in the north yishun. 

We'll give them a try and see how it goes. Did u drop him immediately or  still alise with him about the project?? 

Edited by fiqa denny Lim

This guy seems to be based at the Ubi office even though I remember him saying that in the future we can meet at other places. I did drop him after I got tired of chasing him for a simple email. 

But because of the feedback I provided, I was approached by his branch manager who agreed to take over from him. We are still considering dropping Absolook as a whole since its a bad taste already. Also, their facebook page has a huge number of negative reviews even though they claim they were victims of some targeted fake attacks.