Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Rozenfel

Strange drainage pipe design in bathrooms

Hi everyone. The renovations on my resale HDB unit has been completed recently. I bought some floor traps to be used on my drainage pipes. It's a bit hard to describe my question so please bear with me.

There are two drainage holes in each of my bathrooms. One of them is ok; I open the drainage cover and I see a deep, dark hole going downwards.

When I open the other one, what I attached is the thing that I saw. There seems to be a plastic "slope" in the drainage to divert the water elsewhere. The hole is very small and narrow. I have no knowledge about plumbing but is this the way the drainage pipe is suppose to be installed?

20180316_181121.jpg

Edited by Rozenfel

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 1:55 PM, Rozenfel said:

Hi everyone. The renovations on my resale HDB unit has been completed recently. I bought some floor traps to be used on my drainage pipes. It's a bit hard to describe my question so please bear with me.

There are two drainage holes in each of my bathrooms. One of them is ok; I open the drainage cover and I see a deep, dark hole going downwards.

When I open the other one, what I attached is the thing that I saw. There seems to be a plastic "slope" in the drainage to divert the water elsewhere. The hole is very small and narrow. I have no knowledge about plumbing but is this the way the drainage pipe is suppose to be installed?

20180316_181121.jpg

There is only 1 drainage point originally in this bathroom. The one with the deep black hole is the original drainage. This shallower drainage is a diversion added on by the previous owner so that water at your shower point (I presume) can flow to the original drainage point. Without this, there is a need for a different route to drain your water to the original drainage.