Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
weisc

ID says no 3D and no sketch

We're working on a landed property and our contractor recommended this ID company that does not provide any form of visuals. we are okay with no 3D but no sketch was provided too.

It all started that we hired this firm for the convenience as it could provide Structural engineer, architect and ID.

Months have past, structure was completed, architect is almost completed. The state of the project is in left with internals. Walls and rooms have been completed 2 months back. The ID has not proposed anything on the wardrobes, wall colours and she did not attend the dry lay or sanitary wares selection She did not go to site to make any measurement. But when we questioned her on her duties, she says that she had proposed the colour of tiles and sanitary ware. She had copied all of the architect's scope into her own duties. She has a list of exclusions which are 3D, selection of tiles, building exteriors, wardrobe accessories, construction drawing of fixtures. Basically, what it means is - what was her scope was already completed by owner's selection. and she had fulfilled.

At the start of the project, we discussed on the mood and tones for the house, and taboo colours to use. But she insisted on bright yellow sofa (taboo colour).

Afterall, plainly dishonest and refuse to fulfill the remaining tasks. Assuming all credits on herself but not performed anything.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Do PM the ID to avoid. But have the whole renovation have been completed? 
In renotalk forum , there are still some very great combination of ID and architect if you have read through some of the tread. 
But so far if everything still go on smoothly for you then it is good !

are you engaging the ID directly or through your builder?

if through the builder, it depends on what is the arrangement of scope of work between the builder and her since the builder would be the one paying her. most likely her fees had been squeezed very low by the builder hence the minimal work done.

for furniture, you will be the one paying for them so you should be able to choose what colour you want instead of following her design.

if the ID is engaged through the builder, i'll suggest you talk to your builder about this and see what can be done. either cut her off and have the portion of the fees deducted from your payment to the builder or ask your builder to get another ID or find one yourself.

it is unlikely the ID will do much more work so best is find someone to take over to avoid delays to your house completion.

Hi there,

Just here to share with you my experience with my contractor @ Dynamicx Construction Pte Ltd , Mr Ak sia. 

As a first time home owner, i do have my fair share of consultation experience and unfortunately, i wasted alot of time on picking various candidates.

I was impressed by the practical and spacial approach of their concept and the contractor also factor in maintenance concerns in their design. I was not abit surprise by their competancy as their portfolio includes design and build contracts in building construction work for commercial and privaet residencial houses.

Their approach towards the project was professional and documented. 
I was abit overwhelm by the constant updates can get irritated at times, but all's well.

Invited the builders  for Raya feast months ago, had a good house warming with my family members. Sharing their details below :
dynamicx@outlook.sg , hp 83137177

Regards,
Feeraz & Family
Admiralty Flora