Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
BebeBebe

STAY AWAY FROM HARVEST CHIVAS PLUMBING & ELECTRICAL SERVICES

*PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM HARVEST CHIVAS PLUMBING & ELECTRICAL SERVICES *

Below is my unpleasant experience with them. This happened on 4th of April 2018.

One late evening, when I came home from work, I realized my electricity and house lights in the house had all gone off

As i had never encountered this before, my first reaction was to google for an emergency electrician, and this is how I got this company’s contact number

I called and the person picking up the call is the electrician, Steven Lee, i told him what is my problem and he told me it should cost only about $40. ( To
play safe, I prepared at least $100 cash with me )

When he was here he told me that there were blown circuit breakers and this has affected my ENTIRE electric panel. He insisted that I needed to change the whole circuit box. And it would cost $500 to replace it.

i was quite lost at that point of time. After having a long, tiring day at work and getting home to realize that this had happened. My phone was also in low batt, i was actually checking with other electrician also, but also worried that when they came, they would tell me the same thing again. I hesitated whether to engage him to change the box or not, I was also worried that my phone would ‘ die on me anytime’ and I would end up having no lights/ electricity for the whole night.

So eventually, I got the electrician to proceed. By the time he was done, it was already late. I did not take a good, thorough look at the ‘NEW’ circuit breaker box, I just wanted to make sure, all the electricity and lighting points were working well.

Next morning when i woke up, i went to check the box, and i noticed that the box wasn't even new and i suspected he actually only changed some wires inside. ( And he claimed that he changed the whole box ). Also there was a gap between the small circuit breakers.

So i immmediately called him to clarify. And this guy suddenly happened to be sooooo busy that he took 24hrs to return my call.

I told him the box wasn't even new and asked him why was there a gap between the electric breakers and asked if it was safe? And questioned if the box was approved by hdb?

And ‘ya’ is the only word he replied me and he asked " your electricity got any problem? No? OK I am very busy” and hang up the phone.

I tried to sent him sms too and explained that at least it should be properly done but as expected, to no avail

Feeling more and more frustrated with his service, I did some googling again, and I found out that I wasn’t the 1st victim

I don't expect to get back the $500. I know I was too rash and should have waited. I was overwhelmed by my own negative thought. I was also told later on that it shouldn’t cost more than $300. And I only need to change the affected circuit breakers.

So unlucky of me to have met such an electrician.

But I do expect him to at least do a proper job. And he should have at least cover the gap with some small breaker covers. He also did not bother to speak or explain to me.

It has been a week, he doesn’t want to answer my calls or reply my text. I decide to post this in the social media becoz I hope I can create some awareness and don’t want anyone to end up like me, feeling pressurized to give in and end up being ‘chop carrot head’ when such thing happens. For my case, actually I should have gotten another electrician to assess the circuit breakers.

Anyway, if you want a good and more affordable electrician, definitely you want to AVOID HARVEST CHIVAS PLUMBING & ELECTRICAL SERVICES!!

https://www.facebook.com/OhMyBiBi

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request