Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aoi

Zhi Seng Building Construction

Hi guys

any updates on this contractor?

i just gotten a quote from Johnson and the pricing is very reasonable.

Planning to sign with him but before any move, would like to gather more feedback from you guys.

Please update me ...

Thanks

-eric

Hired Zhi Seng thru. their boss, Johnson last yr. Initial impressions quite good, Johnson definitely knows his stuff and his quotation was lower than Tau, A&D as well as another ID firm.

Scope of work included wall hacking, carpentry work, electrical works and repainting.

Workmanship - Average but still acceptable. To be fair, my friends in the industry tell me that it's quite difficult to expect a high level in Singapore, all u can hope for is that the contractor is prompt in rectifying problems.

Work Attitude - Below Average. The carpenters in particular can be quite difficult, young workers from China who have poor attitudes. The painting and plastering workers r okay. Johnson was often not onsite to supervise.

Communication - If u're not conversant in mandarin then you may have problems. Johnson doesn't speak English well although he has an employee by the same name who speaks English relatively well. In terms of follow-up, u gotta call the boss, Johnson directly to tell him about any problems and be very insistent, don't bother communicating through the workers.

Timeliness - Poor. Johnson can be very disorganized, he missed the promised deadline by over 1 month. Mine is a condo unit so can't work after 7pm but his workers often only came in only after 2pm so can't really do much work. Johnson also forgot to order certain items delaying the completion.

Overall Experience - Below Average. At the end of the day, hiring Zhi Seng will get the job done (average but acceptable quality) at a low cost but u gotta be prepared for delays and lots of calls to the boss, Johnson. They r not dishonest, just disorganized.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I regret that I never listened advice from bichonfrise .. sorry..

Please do not engage Zhi Seng , you would definitely REGRET !!.. The boss name Johnson kept delaying, always making mistakes even just a small reno.. when u asked him, he will push all the blames to his workers, actually all measurements were taken by him.. Will tell you all details later.. I can say one sentence...

"I never met such LOUSY AND IRRESPONSIBLE contractor before !!!" **** angry !!"

I regret that I never listened advice from bichonfrise .. sorry..

Please do not engage Zhi Seng , you would definitely REGRET !!.. The boss name Johnson kept delaying, always making mistakes even just a small reno.. when u asked him, he will push all the blames to his workers, actually all measurements were taken by him.. Will tell you all details later.. I can say one sentence...

"I never met such LOUSY AND IRRESPONSIBLE contractor before !!!" **** angry !!"

Wait till u hear mine :)

Got my keys in early nov 2009.

Chose zhi seng in september 2009 and confirmed design etc in october 2009. Supposed to start in nov 2009.

Agreement too that he will be my main con and that other sub con like closet design and pergo floor, although engaged by me, will be paid thru him as I will get a reno loan paid solely to zhi seng. (reno loan does not allow u to pay out to several contractors).

Simple reno job with little carpentry.

Only completed in May 2010!!!!

And they issued a bounced cheque to closet design! After I have given them in full all 3 of the bank's reno loan cheques!

And closet design is taking me to small claims. The amount of the bounced cheque is only $1600+.

This kinda money also good to do this kinda ungentlemanly thing.

I refuse to pay closet design and have gotten my own lawyer (which I pay out of my own pocket) to represent closet design to sue zhi seng for a bounced cheque!

Carpentry..........leave alot to be desired. Got taske measurement like never take.

Forced them to remove and redo dunno how many times. The entire result is so different from the drawings.

zhi seng, they are well known in dover. work 1 day, rest 7 days.

johnson after issuing bounced cheque when queried by me still can act blur. As if he issued bounced cheque he dunno meh?

i couldnt have been more suay. reno one house, take half year nvm, still can kena sued by sub con. From a happy occasion becomes like the most suay occasion ever.

Floor by floorich

Closet by closet design

painting by nippon singapore

electrician 3rd party recommended by him but independent contracter.

curtains by MGL

other furnishings my own

All zhiseng needs to do is some carpentry and thats all

took from nov 2009 till may 2010 to complete.

steady or not?

p/s after taking my deposit, he get his electrician to do up my wiring. He had the cheek to ask me topay electrician from my own pocket!!! I thought is all a package. Argued until kingdom come then he paid the electrician from the reno loan disbursed to him. if I were to pay from my own pocket, I wouldve hired my own electrician. common sense ma.