Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chew@PPLe

Do You Feel Like You're Always Doing Laundry?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Went to Best at Vivocity yesterday and saw this Novita Brand. It is call garment steamers and retail btw $200-300.

I got the novita streamer. expensive but worth it. I hate ironing and it makes it worst for ladies clothings with frills, laces, silks etc... so this streamer helps. Bought it three years ago and still as good. Good on bermudas and jeans too for a quick fix! PS: actually I bought it for my hubby so that he can iron his own...hehehehhe :)

wE do laundry every Thursdays and Sundays. No kids so dun really feel the load.

hmm tinking of hiring p/t maid instead... no need to iron clothes! ydy burnt one of my fav mango tops... *heart pain*

hmm tinking of hiring p/t maid instead... no need to iron clothes! ydy burnt one of my fav mango tops... *heart pain*

i got pt maid but she a lot to do already with all my moping, washing etc so don't do too much ironing.. plus coz my place not very dirty (we go out whole day only come back late at night and weekends) so she comes only twice a month..

i also very lousy at ironing.. always get iron marks on my skirts and dresses.. :sport-smiley-004: going to get the novita steamer soon.. but also need a traditional one for pleats.. :sport-smiley-004:

again i want to say, can someone invent the A-Z LAUNDRY ROBOT or MACHINE?? i sure get one.. willing to pay lor..

Hahaha...when I saw this thread I really wanted to laugh cos' I realise I am not the only one who think this way! After only being married like 2 months plus I find that the laundry is never-ending too...hee...fortunately now only two of us...

The ironing is worse!! Gotta make sure hubby got 5 nicely ironed long sleeved shirts every week...can't seem to catch up fast enough to clear the mountain of clothes leh...hehe...

:deal:

Hahaha...when I saw this thread I really wanted to laugh cos' I realise I am not the only one who think this way! After only being married like 2 months plus I find that the laundry is never-ending too...hee...fortunately now only two of us...

The ironing is worse!! Gotta make sure hubby got 5 nicely ironed long sleeved shirts every week...can't seem to catch up fast enough to clear the mountain of clothes leh...hehe...

:)

haha..i think not only doing laundry kills! its everything!:sport-smiley-004: Cleaning furnitres/mopping floor, keeping the house clean kills!:sport-smiley-004:!

and hubby....jus sit there with his laptop lor...

i miss stayg at mom'splace..no need do anything.....

haha..i think not only doing laundry kills! its everything!:jawdrop: Cleaning furnitres/mopping floor, keeping the house clean kills!:unsure:!

and hubby....jus sit there with his laptop lor...

i miss stayg at mom'splace..no need do anything.....

i feel that when i'm staying at new house and i'm a slave (do housework everyday! :) ). when i'm at my mum's house and i feel so relaxed lor. :furious:

as i'm not working so most of the time i'm the one who do the housework. sweeping floor, mopping floor, cleaning windows, cleaning furniture, do laundry etc. d-a-m-n tired ok. :furious:

my hb has suggested to employ a maid but i dont like to have stranger to stay under the same roof and moreover nowadays maids have given so many problems. :( there're pros and cons. 8|

sigh, if there's a maid then she will keep the house clean clean everyday and can even wash the car for us. 8| let see how lor. :furious:

:)

Cheekybee, like u I also hate ironing....bt wat to do...wanna save on the p/t maid cost so gonna do on my own...

I also need to ensure tat my HB got 5 nicely ironed shirts each week no doubt he got so many shirts...

Bt I simply dun like to accumulate the clothes and iron at one shot..I will die man!

I usually iron clothes every Tuesday, Thursday nites after my dinner so that I can slim down a bit too cos I dun wanna be a couch potato each time after I am done with my dinner....

And when come Sun morning, my job is very easy liao with lesser clothes to iron and I can rest for the

whole Sun aftn and get ready for work next day!

Hi,

Last time when i live at punggol....my wife is the one who do most of the housework....cos her workplace nearer and i work very far plus i also work long hours most of the time(trying to earn and save up more ).....i come home mostly after midnite and cant help her much.......now my wife and i shift to clementi......our situation reverse....her workplace very far and my workplace only 2 bus stop away(cos my new job at clementi).......so i do all the clothes washing, vaccum/ mop the floor, wash plates/cups, boil hot water.........but i got a system way of doing them.........here it goes..........mon and fri vaccum and mop floor (a must).......weds vacuum floor only.......i wash clothes almost everyday using washing machine..........but weekend i wash clothes one time will do............must rest on weekend, heehee....wash plates/ cups, boil hot water everyday... clean the windows every 2 months............. but one thing is my wife speciality..........iron clothes..........no matter how i learn, i cannot iron clothes properly..................actually doing all the cleaning is tiring process but when i see my wife come back after a long day and especially after a long trip..........she looks at the house so need and tidy.........i also feel happy inside........ :)

Sorry too longwinded........have a nice weekend good people

rgds,

James

Edited by gohkm

my mother taught me to hang the clothes immediately after the washing machine beeps. i also use softener for easier ironging. ironing is a breeze with my novita steamer. even business shirts also no problem. it only takes me 30 mins to iron one load of clothes.

my mother taught me to hang the clothes immediately after the washing machine beeps. i also use softener for easier ironging. ironing is a breeze with my novita steamer. even business shirts also no problem. it only takes me 30 mins to iron one load of clothes.

Yep, we also add softener to the wash and hang it up to dry as soon as the washing cycle is finish, reduce crease and easier to iron. And yes, the garment steamer really makes ironing less dreadful, especially for ladies dresses and blouses.

Hi,

Last time when i live at punggol....my wife is the one who do most of the housework....cos her workplace nearer and i work very far plus i also work long hours most of the time(trying to earn and save up more ).....i come home mostly after midnite and cant help her much.......now my wife and i shift to clementi......our situation reverse....her workplace very far and my workplace only 2 bus stop away(cos my new job at clementi).......so i do all the clothes washing, vaccum/ mop the floor, wash plates/cups, boil hot water.........but i got a system way of doing them.........here it goes..........mon and fri vaccum and mop floor (a must).......weds vacuum floor only.......i wash clothes almost everyday using washing machine..........but weekend i wash clothes one time will do............must rest on weekend, heehee....wash plates/ cups, boil hot water everyday... clean the windows every 2 months............. but one thing is my wife speciality..........iron clothes..........no matter how i learn, i cannot iron clothes properly..................actually doing all the cleaning is tiring process but when i see my wife come back after a long day and especially after a long trip..........she looks at the house so need and tidy.........i also feel happy inside........ :notti:

Sorry too longwinded........have a nice weekend good people

rgds,

James

Wah Bro noticed you are a veri neat and clean person, can vacuum ur hse three times a week. :rofl:

I am also same situation as u except whether I worked far or near I still have to do most of the housework. :P

My routine to vacuum & mop is on Mon & Thur, of course whatever dishes/cups are all my duty to wash, even every two weeks wipe all our carpentry, iron all the clothes weekly, and worst slowly washing toilet also become my baby now. :P But luckily I only wash the windows twice per year. :D Laundry is my wifey area. :jawdrop::bangwall:

Like u I also like to see my wifey come back home after a long day look at the hse neat and clean. :D

Ya lor karen77...now I come up with my own schedule...if possible every two-three days iron once...then won't kill myself...but usually I am more motivated to iron on weekends...weekdays come back very tired liao...hee...tempted to log on instead....lucky hubby willing to help out on vacuuming and mopping sometimes... :bangwall:

Hubby ever ask me whether I want to buy a steam cleaner...perhaps I should go take a look at Novita...hee..but the sleeve lines must still be ironed by conventional iron right... :curse:

Ya lor karen77...now I come up with my own schedule...if possible every two-three days iron once...then won't kill myself...but usually I am more motivated to iron on weekends...weekdays come back very tired liao...hee...tempted to log on instead....lucky hubby willing to help out on vacuuming and mopping sometimes... :jawdrop:

Hubby ever ask me whether I want to buy a steam cleaner...perhaps I should go take a look at Novita...hee..but the sleeve lines must still be ironed by conventional iron right... :wub:

Hubby also wanted to get me a steam iron earlier on...And when I am there, after trying to hold the gadget for 10 mins, I realised the thing is quite heavy! I change my mind and wanted to use the conventional iron after tat....Perhaps u would like to hands on before purchasing it..

Wah Bro noticed you are a veri neat and clean person, can vacuum ur hse three times a week. :deal:

vacuum 3 times a week is still ok. i sweep the whole house everyday! :dunno:

there're a lot of dust so i must sweep the floor everyday. :dunno: