Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
korea

Which Car Are You Driving Now?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hi we thinking of changing to Honda City.. any1 here driving this car? any reviews/feedback?

Hear from friend that drive city told me that the fc is very good especially for the non-vtec version!

no marnee buy car :(

no $$$ then slowly save up to buy lor. :) usually, it's much easier to buy a car if you never own a car before b'cos no burden from to sell away current car lor. :P

hi we thinking of changing to Honda City.. any1 here driving this car? any reviews/feedback?

i don't know whether honda city and honda civic have the same "feel" a not. i drove honda civic before and not bad. :P

however, city is smaller than civic so i assume city is easier to drive. :P

Been driving new auto Honda City V-TEC since Sept 20062005, an OPC car. Been loving it ever since :P

Previous car was the older used Suzuki Swift hatchback, manual gear and manual steering.

It all boils down to budget, capacity and own expectations in terms of maintenance, fc and care.

Since Honda Civic was too far-fetched for our budget at that time, we opted for the Honda City.

Our requirement was simple, as such we have tried these combinations in our Honda City's VTEC 500 litre boot capacity, one at a time:

- Two golf bags, car cleaning kits and several shopping bags.

- Two strollers (1 is Gracco and the other is MacLaren Techno-XT) of different sizes, car cleaning kits, more shopping bags and a shopping trolley.

- One Maxi-Cosi baby car seat, one MacLaren stroller, car cleaning kits, shopping bags and a shopping trolley.

- One adult wheelchair, car cleaning kits, shopping bags and golf umbrellas.

- One golf bag, one Gracco stroller, shopping trolley, car cleaning kits.

All combinations passed our expectation tests.

Edited by gendon

Been driving new auto Honda City V-TEC since Sept 2006, an OPC car. Been loving it ever since :P

Previous car was the older used Suzuki Swift hatchback, manual gear and manual steering.

It all boils down to budget, capacity and own expectations in terms of maintenance, fc and care.

Since Honda Civic was too far-fetched for our budget at that time, we opted for the Honda City.

Our requirement was simple, as such we have tried these combinations in our Honda City's VTEC 500 litre boot capacity, one at a time:

- Two golf bags, car cleaning kits and several shopping bags.

- Two strollers (1 is Gracco and the other is MacLaren Techno-XT) of different sizes, car cleaning kits, more shopping bags and a shopping trolley.

- One Maxi-Cosi baby car seat, one MacLaren stroller, car cleaning kits, shopping bags and a shopping trolley.

- One adult wheelchair, car cleaning kits, shopping bags and golf umbrellas.

- One golf bag, one Gracco stroller, shopping trolley, car cleaning kits.

All combinations passed our expectation tests.

so honda city has proven to be :P ! :P i like the new facelift of honda civic. very nice. :(

Oh yes, I agree :P:P

usually, honda cars are not bad ones. good to drive lor. we're driving a honda MPV now. :P

hmmm..but iDSI version is cheaper than VTEC by a few thousand leh...but IDSI is better????

I also dun understand :)

But what I can say IMHO is that the technology behind VTEC is more robust than IDSI, hence the pricing diff. Usually the fc kicks in when driving at 2000rpm at approx. 90km/h, for VTEC u can hear the engine sound slightly different than normal (not sure how to describe the sound, this one).

And also for auto Civic or City, when u release the accelerator, tap once quickly back and again press the accelerator when overtaking, u can feel the speed burst. However, if u do this very often, then not fuel-efficient. Even one car got 2 drivers, also the fc varies. For example, my hubby is more impatient type, tends to use the VTEC method often when overtaking and changing lanes often.

Edited by gendon

planning to get a civic 1.6A latest by next jun..hope COE wont appreciate by alot! :)

maybe you can consider mitsubishi lancer that's lauching soon.

I also dun understand :)

But what I can say IMHO is that the technology behind VTEC is more robust than IDSI, hence the pricing diff. Usually the fc kicks in when driving at 2000rpm at approx. 90km/h, for VTEC u can hear the engine sound slightly different than normal (not sure how to describe the sound, this one).

And also for auto Civic or City, when u release the accelerator, tap once quickly back and again press the accelerator when overtaking, u can feel the speed burst. However, if u do this very often, then not fuel-efficient. Even one car got 2 drivers, also the fc varies. For example, my hubby is more impatient type, tends to use the VTEC method often when overtaking and changing lanes often.

u mean using VTEC on IDSI technology?

u mean using VTEC on IDSI technology?

Errrr....I was talking abt VTEC only. It's based on our current City 1.5 CVT VTEC car and my dad's current auto Civic VTEC and past two Civic VTEC cars (one was manual & the other was auto).

In any case, u can check out the specs for diff between i-DSI and VTEC for the 1.5litre:

Specifications for Honda City 1.5litre

Cheers!

Edited by gendon