Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
korea

Which Car Are You Driving Now?

it's loyang, think the down slope from changi side towards tampines / TPE

rainy day, slippery road and a driver who mistook the accelerator as the brake pedal :yamseng::unsure:

note: the last part i guess only, coz the impact pushed another lorry aside before landing the lorry on top of the toyota :dunno: :dunno:

Yup.. Very near my house.. I was home when the accident happened.. I read in the papers and realized that it's a Toyota Starlet.. Small small car..

Really many accidents lately.. Very scary..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Yup.. Very near my house.. I was home when the accident happened.. I read in the papers and realized that it's a Toyota Starlet.. Small small car..

Really many accidents lately.. Very scary..

some said starlet some said yaris....anyway LTA dont seems to care.

should have gotten ALL lorries to fix speed limiters - those no matter how one floors the pedal max also 70km/h types.

some said starlet some said yaris....anyway LTA dont seems to care.

should have gotten ALL lorries to fix speed limiters - those no matter how one floors the pedal max also 70km/h types.

Actually have leh.. Lorries I don't know.. But for those cement mixers etc.. Those under Class 5 vehicles.. I know coz an old friend of mine used to ferry those sand from construction to construction..

There was once a group of us lobang his big truck at the back row seat, but it is actually against the law.. That was what he told us.. Then he actually pulled out a wire or something.. Then the truck can actually go up to 110km/h.. It's pretty scary.. But when any of those ROVs stopped him, he will just plugged the speed limiter back..

That was about 5 years ago.. I wondered whether LTA or TP know about that.. Heard from my friend that people driving those trucks knew the secret to the wire..

hai..... :(

today my colleague told me he most prob will be getting the GTR soon :jawdrop:

so lucky, stay in parent's private house in central part of spore, single.....

not like me, married liao, before buy GTR must also think of getting condo/landed first, which is **** bluddy expensive nowadays (even though it appears property market is cooling off gradually). cos abit weird to spend on a car that is worth as much as the flat and park in the carpark.

appears now that the logical way is to stay put with the current ride,

build up more savings, get a condo as the next big commitment.

mrs prefer a condo as no need to maintain own property like

gardening and so on - but yet we do not want to stay in a condo beside hdb flats -

cos we feel like it's like trying to act rich and posh when u are still going to the same wetmarket or

smelling the same air as your hdb mates - nothing against hdb flats (we are staying in one now anyway :D )

but i am sure you all get the drift.

but if we want to move out of our current place, hopefully it's some development beside the sea (my fav),

best is around fort/meyer road area. near town also, siam quite alot of expressway jams :notti:

hai....just want to rant here... :furious:

cos it seems like my dream of GTR is becoming a distant dream...now revised >5yrs liao.... :notti:

envy my colleague, can get GTR, park safe safe sound sound in his private house garage.

hai......同人不同命

Edited by compassvale

:notti:

hai..... :(

today my colleague told me he most prob will be getting the GTR soon :D

so lucky, stay in parent's private house in central part of spore, single.....

not like me, married liao, before buy GTR must also think of getting condo/landed first, which is **** bluddy expensive nowadays (even though it appears property market is cooling off gradually). cos abit weird to spend on a car that is worth as much as the flat and park in the carpark.

appears now that the logical way is to stay put with the current ride,

build up more savings, get a condo as the next big commitment.

mrs prefer a condo as no need to maintain own property like

gardening and so on - but yet we do not want to stay in a condo beside hdb flats -

cos we feel like it's like trying to act rich and posh when u are still going to the same wetmarket or

smelling the same air as your hdb mates - nothing against hdb flats (we are staying in one now anyway :D )

but i am sure you all get the drift.

but if we want to move out of our current place, hopefully it's some development beside the sea (my fav),

best is around fort/meyer road area. near town also, siam quite alot of expressway jams :notti:

hai....just want to rant here... :jawdrop:

cos it seems like my dream of GTR is becoming a distant dream...now revised >5yrs liao.... :furious:

envy my colleague, can get GTR, park safe safe sound sound in his private house garage.

hai......同人不同命

GTR . . . . dream of car enthusaist :(

Frankly for avg s'poreans, just keep the car till at least breakeven ba if not reali throwing away $.

But say so much also keep changing car *slap myself

:notti:

GTR . . . . dream of car enthusaist :notti:

Frankly for avg s'poreans, just keep the car till at least breakeven ba if not reali throwing away $.

But say so much also keep changing car *slap myself

the truly rich go for ferraris/porsches/astons...

we heartlanders, if got chance to own the GTR, already reach motoring-nirvana liao...

seriously.... 3.5s STOCK ride....how much faster u want to go before u lose your license?

Current issue TORQUE magazine has the GTR featured on the cover, it's dark titanium colour.

The car was provided by Garage R, actually already sold but the owner agree to lend it out for

photoshoot.

Maybe I should just offer to start up the car for my colleague whenever he is away for holidays or business trips :furious:

these day keep raining, does it affect u guys feel like driving out after work with slippery road

if raining, somehow or rather it will sure to affect your vision. there was once i drove in heavy rain and i could hardly see anything infront of me. i just drove slowly and turned on the wipers to the fastest speed. :notti:

can consider those rain-repellent glass treatment...

so that the water beads away faster and gives u clearer vision in heavy downpours.

not sure about RainX but heard both good and bad reviews about it

there are other similar products....can try

so that the water beads away faster and gives u clearer vision in heavy downpours.

sometimes, the wiper's rubber also may affect the glass to get more blur. :notti:

never use RAINx unless you are the type who is so hardworking - needs lots of maintenance like re-applying every week or else whole screen gets blur or your wipers juddering.

try a one off nano coating around $200+ gurantee 5 yrs.

http://www.nanobond.com.sg/04069401p2.htm

Edited by MaCe

Barely 2 weeks after a 4 cent increase, pump prices rise again.

SHELL

Formula 92 (92UL) $ 2.053

Formula 95 (95UL) $ 2.086

Formula 98 (98UL) $ 2.160

V-Power $ 2.279

Shell Diesel (AGO) $ 1.613

CALTEX

Silver with Techron 95 $ 2.086

Gold with Techron 98 $ 2.160

Platinum with Techron $ 2.286

Power Diesel $ 1.613

EssoMobil

Synergy 2000 $ 2.053

Synergy 5000 $ 2.086

Synergy 8000 $ 2.160

Synergy Diesel $ 1.613

SPC

ULG 92 $ 2.053

ULG 95 $ 2.086

ULG 98 $ 2.160

Diesel $ 1.613

Edited by compassvale

it's loyang, think the down slope from changi side towards tampines / TPE

rainy day, slippery road and a driver who mistook the accelerator as the brake pedal :dunno::dunno:

note: the last part i guess only, coz the impact pushed another lorry aside before landing the lorry on top of the toyota 8|8|

read from the newspaper that the lorry driver lose control of the lorry and it juz skidded all the way, scrape the side of another lorry and bang into the poor toyota. if the traffic was moving at that time, i think the toyota driver might have survive. :dunno::(:(:(

rainy days = slippery roads = longer braking distance

drivers got to exercise caution

but we still see cars skidding into walkways, banging into each other :dunno::dunno:

ST_IMAGES_CQCAR1.jpg

This driver must be order takeaway. :sport-smiley-003::(

its a drive-in eating outlet... juz like the old times, drive in movie type :(

if raining, somehow or rather it will sure to affect your vision. there was once i drove in heavy rain and i could hardly see anything infront of me. i just drove slowly and turned on the wipers to the fastest speed. :(

during raining or snowing, the rules are all the same, slippery roads. during raining, as the roads are filled with oil (which we can't see), it will float up with the rain water. and our vehicle's wheels are practically not touching the road surface but speeding on the oil above the water. that is one of the factor why it make it skid and also when you are driving at 50km/hr & above.

so drive at a slower speed so that you will be able to brake in time. better to be late den never :(

i ever tried skiding and it really scared the ****, soul, spirit, brain, heart, ****...whatever... out of me :~:(:(

during rainy days (except for small rain), it affect your vision and your judgement. the distance you get to see infront is shorter and thus your reaction that your eyes see, send msg to your brain and from your brain send signal to your foot and finally applying the brake.

sometimes, if the rain gets too heavy, even the lines on the road are not visible. so during rainy days, better to be slow and safe if you want to go hm and see your loved ones, and also being responsible to other road users's lives.

ya, rainx is effective if rain is not too big. if too big also no use. and also its gd to spray some of these things, especially on the side mirror as there are no wiper to help wipe away the raindrops and when you want to filter lane, you will hv a hard time to see oncoming motorists who like to squeeze in between vehicles.

but of coz, you have apply every now and then.

and also you wiper plays a part too.

SHELL

V-Power $ 2.279

my hb used to pump Vpower last time but last year he switched to formula 98. one time pump is still $100+ after discount. :sport-smiley-003:

SHELL

V-Power $ 2.279

CALTEX

Silver with Techron 95 $ 2.086

Gold with Techron 98 $ 2.160

Platinum with Techron $ 2.286

Power Diesel $ 1.613

EssoMobil