Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
korea

Which Car Are You Driving Now?

Is there a real different if we pump different petrol? :sport-smiley-004:

that's a good question. haha. my hb used to pump shell Vpower (the best and most expensive petrol in shell) but now he pumps formula 98 (2nd best and 2nd most expensive petrol in shell). he told me that he doesnt feel there's any difference leh. :bangwall: but some people said that Vpower will help to "clean" the car engines. :bangwall:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

actually some say got difference,

but personally i really can't tell by my right foot.

not only that, some swear that the same grade 98 between SHELL/CALTEX/ESSO also got difference.

but other than personal preference,

some engines already state they cannot go below a certain grade of petrol.

Most of these are high compression engines that will cause engine detonation should one go lower than the petrol grade stated in the manual.

But seriously, if you car states can use 95, use 95 will do. If states 98 and above, then just guai guai pump 98 and dun go lower.

No point pumping Vpower and make the petrol companies even richer than they are, every cent they earn from us make up the billions they earn each financial year......of cos some may say..Vpower very power very fast got difference...but then again....a chery (no offense) on Vpower will never perform better than an evo/rex on 92 (even with serious detonation, when they are suppose to run on 95/98s) even 2 identical cars side by side, one on 95, the other 98. i doubt will have serious gap in performance.

unless that CM that u edge ahead of the other car on 95 is worth the extra CENTS u pay, then ok lor :sport-smiley-004:

think that time there was an article on a local motoring mag comparing 95 and 98 on a rex (whose min was 95grade), turns out the 95 produced more power on the dyno than 98.

:bangwall:

Edited by compassvale

that's a good question. haha. my hb used to pump shell Vpower (the best and most expensive petrol in shell) but now he pumps formula 98 (2nd best and 2nd most expensive petrol in shell). he told me that he doesnt feel there's any difference leh. 8| but some people said that Vpower will help to "clean" the car engines. :(

The difference can be felt when your car's engine is high compression, usually ard 11:5:1.

Using octane lower will cause engine to ping or retard firing, layman terms like jerky and sluggish. Cold start cranking also longer.

So if a normal engine just requires ron95, frankly butt feel for v-power is minimal.

For mine, maybe bad time to own such a car which requires min ron98.

18mths ago petrol was'nt like this 8|

oh ya for rain X - onli downside is haf to constantly apply if not premature wear out wiper and screen veri blur.

actually some say got difference,

but personally i really can't tell by my right foot.

not only that, some swear that the same grade 98 between SHELL/CALTEX/ESSO also got difference.

but other than personal preference,

some engines already state they cannot go below a certain grade of petrol.

Most of these are high compression engines that will cause engine detonation should one go lower than the petrol grade stated in the manual.

But seriously, if you car states can use 95, use 95 will do. If states 98 and above, then just guai guai pump 98 and dun go lower.

No point pumping Vpower and make the petrol companies even richer than they are, every cent they earn from us make up the billions they earn each financial year......of cos some may say..Vpower very power very fast got difference...but then again....a chery (no offense) on Vpower will never perform better than an evo/rex on 92 (even with serious detonation, when they are suppose to run on 95/98s) even 2 identical cars side by side, one on 95, the other 98. i doubt will have serious gap in performance.

unless that CM that u edge ahead of the other car on 95 is worth the extra CENTS u pay, then ok lor :rofl:

think that time there was an article on a local motoring mag comparing 95 and 98 on a rex (whose min was 95grade), turns out the 95 produced more power on the dyno than 98.

:)

wah lau these 2 kinda cars is at least 150 bhp apart on crank leh :P

But personally i think spc CMI. :jawdrop:

The difference can be felt when your car's engine is high compression, usually ard 11:5:1.

Using octane lower will cause engine to ping or retard firing, layman terms like jerky and sluggish. Cold start cranking also longer.

So if a normal engine just requires ron95, frankly butt feel for v-power is minimal.

For mine, maybe bad time to own such a car which requires min ron98.

18mths ago petrol was'nt like this 8|

oh ya for rain X - onli downside is haf to constantly apply if not premature wear out wiper and screen veri blur.

wah lau these 2 kinda cars is at least 150 bhp apart on crank leh :P

But personally i think spc CMI. :jawdrop:

hehe, was just trying to be abit extreme in my comparison :(

same here 98min, hai...wat to do?

love cars must also love the cons that come with it..hehe

diesel users also very siong ...about $1.6 wa cao... :rofl:

hehe, was just trying to be abit extreme in my comparison :(

same here 98min, hai...wat to do?

love cars must also love the cons that come with it..hehe

diesel users also very siong ...about $1.6 wa cao... :jawdrop:

u like washing/detailing ur own ride? Can do it together in sengkang keke....free water 8|

:dribble:

seems like a burden to own a car

its a burden to own anything that need to pay money la. :notti:

i always believe buying a car is easy but to feed a car is tough. :jawdrop:

u like washing/detailing ur own ride? Can do it together in sengkang keke....free water :good:

he meguiar kid!:good::good:

Edited by MaCe

u like washing/detailing ur own ride? Can do it together in sengkang keke....free water :good:

yeap yeap!!

how come free water? u at st anne's woods there ah...water from your garden tap?? :good:

he meguiar kid!:good::lol:

haha, now use a combination of products lah....

but meguiar stuff i got quite a bit :P

yeap yeap!!

how come free water? u at st anne's woods there ah...water from your garden tap?? :good:

maybe he used the hdb tap water (usually outside the corridor) lor therefore there's free water. :good:

or stay lower floor can use tap from kitchen, but would need a rather long hose... :dancingqueen:

no need to keep pressing the machine. i figured i use about 4-5 x20cents per wash,

must press 4-5 times.

right Jaren? :dancingqueen:

Edited by compassvale

or stay lower floor can use tap from kitchen, but would need a rather long hose... :dancingqueen:

no need to keep pressing the machine. i figured i use about 4-5 x20cents per wash,

must press 4-5 times.

right Jaren? :dancingqueen:

i ever saw a person who tried to use free hdb tap water outside the corridor. after that, hdb seen to aware of that then hdb removed the tap. haha. :notti:

maybe he used the hdb tap water (usually outside the corridor) lor therefore there's free water. :yamseng:

hehe dun speculate la. use kitchen tap also household pay $.

i stay compass point. i also using meguair for car shampoo and autoglym for polishing and zymol for stubborn water marks. :dancingqueen: