Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
korea

Which Car Are You Driving Now?

Anyone try out the new i30 from Hyundai ?

Yes, am considering the i30. Actually test-driven it. Pretty good drive but the price is a little on the high side :unsure:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Yes, am considering the i30. Actually test-driven it. Pretty good drive but the price is a little on the high side :unsure:

lagi HIGH when your warranty is over. :lol:

Sorry but I don't get you. What do you mean? :unsure:

here Pai / there Pai , endless repairs. korean cars are famous for this.

here Pai / there Pai , endless repairs. korean cars are famous for this.

Yes, that was my original concern too but I have to say that after test-driving the car and seeing it 'in the flesh', it is rather impressive. Anyhow, haven't decided yet so still keeping an open mind.

This is a review of the i30.

Hyundai's new opus

Story & pictures by Azfar Hashim

It took a while for people to warm up to the Koreans, but in the last few years or so we finally seem to have taken it to our hearts. A perfect time, then, to launch the i30 - a sweet-smiling hatchback destined to seduce the practical set

They say writers write from everywhere – anywhere that they think draws inspiration for them to write on something.

And that’s what I’m doing now – I’m actually writing this whole review seated comfortably at the back seat of the brand new Hyundai i30. I’m having it good here at the back seat – it’s comfortable, spacious, and uncannily make me feel like I’m seated in a BMW 3-series.

I’m impressed, really. The Koreans these days are churning out a new slew of automobile that answers to every price segment in the car market, and this i30 is something else. Well if you’re a pundit thinking “it’s just another Hyundai”, be prepared to be proven wrong. It’s more than that – for once, Hyundai has a product that’s on par with the Japanese and European in this segment.

Heck, it even betters some of it - which is a good thing of course.

Taking out

Better than before is probably the best way to start my little critique of the i30’s exterior. Ok, to be more precise – better than the days of the Elantra XD.

The exterior sways away from the normal and plain-looking Korean cars we’re used to seeing. To begin with, the i30 has a front that looks freshly modern with its flowing headlamps, gaping lower air intake, integrated foglamps and a little grill that holds Hyundai’s logo distinctively. The sides are well creased with flowing lines, making the i30 nicely proportionate.

Despite its newness, there’s a definite hint of “seen it somewhere before” about the i30’s rear. You’ll instantly notice how there’s an uncanny blend of the Mark 2 Fiat Punto and BMW 1-series…But it’s easily forgivable as it’s nicely done - especially the vertical lamps, which makes the i30’s rear prolific enough when compared to the likes of your ordinary Japanese hatches.

Fret not if you think the alloys doesn’t do any justice to the i30’s exterior - unlike the test car, all i30s will come shod with 17-inch alloys wrapped in 215/50 R-17 Yokohama rubbers.

Don't mean to digress but i haf a toyota wish upz for rental.

Reason being my father is based overseas for work and cant sell cox not breakeven yet.

If there's any person who wants to consider, do drop me a pm ya.

Thanks alot~

Not a spider though

Alfa GT 1.8T for rent.

Specs-

Make: Alfa Romeo

Model: GT Version

Colour: Grey

Rates: S$450/day Weekend: $500/ day

145915_1_1168913738.jpg

http://www.yello.com.sg/viewad.php?cat1=autos&id=21376

GT is not a Spider though... that's true enough as the photos below can testify...

8_2_l.jpg

8_3_l.jpg

Edited by l_club23

how much does a alfa spider cost?

About $180k I believe... although it looks like its worth much more than that...

Edited by l_club23

pricey though.. compassvale sure buy the SLK over the Spider. lol.

Spider looks sleek in the pictures..

pricey though.. compassvale sure buy the SLK over the Spider. lol.

Spider looks sleek in the pictures..

SLK cost 10k-20k more I think.

Of course when you can afford these kinds of cars, that 10k-20k might not mean much to you... ;)