Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi guys, 

I want to share with you guys my own experience with this ID. I was introduced by a very good friend of my who has their house renovated by Ms Daphne. 

She is very patient and meticulous, willing to listen to what my mother and i want for our new home. I emailed her our floorplan and roughly discussed over the phone. She was so accommodating and agree to my idea.  During the very 1st appointment at her office at Taiseng. We have a comfortable time discussing. I have many ideas for the new house renovation however thanks to Ms Daphne explaining to me some of my ideas are not practical.
Unlike some ID as they aim to earn consumer money and not want to chase the customer away so they will compliance with the ideas given to them. This impressed me, as she took time and effort to plan my house furniture layout properly by understanding me and my mother living lifestyle. Further, she had his own ideas and suggested come which really more practical. We also gave our budget for the renovation. She was very straightforward told us while she is doing quotation she will try to fit into our budget however there will be some example that based on the quality of a product where there might extra cash need to be forked out. She assure us that the quality will be there as she is renovating the house that hope we will stay for long not only 5 years lifespan. In addition, our key concern was not about the renovation cost only but most important is a clean, reliable and quality workmanship. 

Finally, after going through procedures finally we got our keys. 2nd appt we meet at our new house. She has a habit of taking pictures of the whole house to take note where is the columns or beam and an extra mile to take site measurement to make sure measurement is tally with floor plan. 
Indeed there is difference, luckily she take site measurement.
Therefore, she able to quote more accurately. Unlike other ID, will only requires floor plan to do quotation. Which I was impressed how meticulous is she. 

Initial plan we wanted to overlay the toilet to save some costs but when we go up the house, she checked out the toilet it has been over lay 2 times alrdy by checking the floor trap. Therefore no choice we have to hack and re do waterproofing and lay new tiles. I would say she is a ID that is very responsible and honest. Sharing us which is a must to do and which are the ones we can do in future if there is a budget constrain and explain in detail. For eg. why cannot overlay 3rd layer. I must say she is very responsible and passionate about her job through 2 meetings with her. 

Whole renovation process lasted near 2 months which consist of full house hacking, plumbing, electrical, painting and carpentry work. During whole renovation process, we were updated through whatsapp with frequent jobsite photos. It is a really very good experience with frequent update of my house renovation while I am working. I have a ease of mind experience with her. After all, we are satisfied with her carpentry workmanship and we happily handover our last 10% payment and planned house warming! I will be happy to share my ID contact details with you all. 

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Joanne,

please PM me the ID details.

How much was the quote and after any adhoc cost like electric / plumbing etc, what is the difference? Can show some photos?

Thanks.

Edited by CaseBlue

I think I know which Daphne you're talking about. She's abit plus size? The ID firm is M**** S*****?

Anyway, Daphne's one of the 13 IDs I went. She totally showed zero interest in our project even at our first and only meeting, even when my budget was $100-120k. She kept pressuring us for specifics like what we want, how we want it. When we said we don't have a specific theme (cos we really don't go for any specific style), showed her our mood board, and she seemed super frustrated and displeased. She's the only ID that made me feel so repulsive. We left after spending like 10 mins there.

Anyway, she didn't even give us her mobile number. Main thing is, she didn't reply us as she promised. Didn't even send us an email saying she'll not take up our project. She just vanished.