Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
annaclaire

Help please! Condensation issue from below unit

Hello everyone, 

I am currently facing this issue in my new condo unit and would like to seek for advice.

This is what happening to us:

• As we were doing some renovation works in the new unit, we found that the timber floors in the two bedrooms started to warp and become uneven. They were also feel damp at times. Our unit is also feel cool even when we did not switch on the fan. 
  • When we finally get the developer to come down to inspect the unit, they suspected that the cause of this issue is due to the condensation from the lower unit. They suspected that the residents from the lower unit switched on their air-cons for a long time at very low temperature but they did not manage to get hold of the residents from the unit below or visit their unit. They then changed the floor for us. 
  • We have been staying in our unit for a few months (<4) after the floor was replaced. 
  • The timber floor started to warp again, feel damp sometimes and swelling up. There are also dark spots appearing on the timber floor. There is mould growing in the furniture in master bed room, especially my underneath my bed. The toilet in the master bed room also have mould on the ceiling, door and the cabinets. 
  • After we informed the developer on this issue and after they came to inspect it, they said it is probably due to condensation from downstairs and so this is not a defect.

So, now it seems that the developer is unwilling to do anything about it and we are really frustrated over it. It is very disturbing now that there is mould growing everywhere and the state of the timber floor is really bad- swelling up, very uneven (like some bumps).

Have anyone experienced this kind of situation before? Any advice? Really appreciate if anyone has any advice to share on how to deal with this situation. Thank you!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request