Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

On 8/7/2018 at 4:24 PM, Timeless07 said:

@OrangeSky No lah. I gotten my home renovated by a contractor which I feel is pretty good. Thought if Tazy needs contacts can give him a ring or something.

But yeah, the hacking process is a nightmare with the noise and dust. Definitely a major work that requires proper planning. Hopefully your issue can resolve soon so that you can move on from this episode quickly.

Hi Timeless!

Could you share with me your contractor? I would like to invite him to quote for the rectifications required for my place. Thank you so much!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
26 minutes ago, Timeless07 said:

@OrangeSky Just pm-ed you.

Anyway don't say business, nowadays people always like to play the legal card when things don't go their way.

Managed to resolve your issue with your previous contractor already?

Sadly, no. They want it to blow into a legal issue, so we just play along. Still in the midst of replying lawyer's letter.

I feel it's just a waste of time, but I would not allow them to get away so easily. Not rectifying and just walk away unscathed.

Agree with you on this Sky but do play your cards carefully. Since you already engage your lawyer, consult him on this, especially "shaming" (cant find a proper word for it) them on public forums. Even though, you may have facts, doing so on public forum may constitute to defamation or something like that. Like that famous artist spat that was blown up all over media. Haha. Just don't fall into their trap bro!

So how can we write a review to prevent the bad one from suing us? Maybe I write it as an experience. No good no bad u decide...:)

The safest way to do will be to share your experience without naming the company but those who wishes to know can pm you directly. Or perhaps just drop some obvious clues so others can find out the actual company for themselves. That’s what I think.

That’s what I read from the breakup of our 2 Ah Jie. Something about saying in private space does not constitute to deframation but in public spaces then it is.

If I say something like "put down $2k deposit was told no deduction and subsequently there is a hidden charges of 0.8%" does this mean defamation? 

8 minutes ago, Tazy said:

If I say something like "put down $2k deposit was told no deduction and subsequently there is a hidden charges of 0.8%" does this mean defamation

I get to know from my lawyer that defamation also means characterisation. Like distinctively saying something negative about them and say it out of emotions of spite. If it is a fact, proven in black and white, then it's not defaming. So for you maybe you have to look through all the documents you've signed to see if there's somewhere in the fine prints which state the hidden charges.

51 minutes ago, OrangeSky said:

I get to know from my lawyer that defamation also means characterisation. Like distinctively saying something negative about them and say it out of emotions of spite. If it is a fact, proven in black and white, then it's not defaming. So for you maybe you have to look through all the documents you've signed to see if there's somewhere in the fine prints which state the hidden charges.

The first document that I sign did not indicate any NETs charges. But when I go there to get my refund, they ask me sign the NETs charges form. Anyway, is not a big amount. Just that I'm not happy with the hidden charges.

@Tazy

I can understand how you feel about the hidden charges not communicated to you when you signed the contract earlier. Anyway they can alway argue that you are the one requesting for the refund thus they should not be liable to pay for the 0.8% transaction fee charged by NETs. Perhaps most of their transaction is by other methods such as cheque, cash or funds transfer which will not incur any transaction fees (cc transaction fee will be higher). Based on the fact that they are willingly to refund your deposit, I would have given them the benefit of the doubt for such hindsight (since this 0.8% does not go into their accounts). Although I do feel that this is something they should take note of in the future.  

5 hours ago, Timeless07 said:

@Tazy

I can understand how you feel about the hidden charges not communicated to you when you signed the contract earlier. Anyway they can alway argue that you are the one requesting for the refund thus they should not be liable to pay for the 0.8% transaction fee charged by NETs. Perhaps most of their transaction is by other methods such as cheque, cash or funds transfer which will not incur any transaction fees (cc transaction fee will be higher). Based on the fact that they are willingly to refund your deposit, I would have given them the benefit of the doubt for such hindsight (since this 0.8% does not go into their accounts). Although I do feel that this is something they should take note of in the future.  

Hmm...actually I'm not the one initiate to place the deposit. They actually ask me to put in a deposit and it will be refundable. They told me that if I use credit card, there will be 3% charges and no charges for NETs/cash. Of coz they will not let me go out of the showroom to withdraw cash. :) It was only during the signing of the refund document, it shown a NETs deduction. But at the point of time, too tired to drag the refund again so did not bother to argue with them. Anyway...still waiting for the refund...

I got two contractors to come over my place to go through the defects and quote me the cost to rectify all outstanding defects. One of the quotes came back to be even more than the outstanding final payment!

Another told me their works are very rough (粗) and even could tell me my ID's name by the look of it. I didn't wanna share the details but they could guess! He told me he's done rectification of defects left by this ID too. I'm simply dumbfounded.

49 minutes ago, OrangeSky said:

I got two contractors to come over my place to go through the defects and quote me the cost to rectify all outstanding defects. One of the quotes came back to be even more than the outstanding final payment!

Another told me their works are very rough (粗) and even could tell me my ID's name by the look of it. I didn't wanna share the details but they could guess! He told me he's done rectification of defects left by this ID too. I'm simply dumbfounded.

Hmm...I'm really curious about your ID, can share thr PM? So how is the case going on? How much is the rectification quote by the contractor?