Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Lin  Normy

Unlicensed plumber

The piping works of my condo are almost finished. Recently I found the plumber hired by my ID is unlicensed. They applied permission of PUB using a licensed  plumber's name which is not working on my plumping job. 

I am wondering is it common in Singapore ?

Appreciate for your comment. 

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Most jobs are done this way.

Licensed plumber is not the same as driving license.

Licensed plumber is more like a QP. He is responsible for ensuring that plumbing works comply with regulations. 

19 hours ago, yoongf said:

Most jobs are done this way.

Licensed plumber is not the same as driving license.

Licensed plumber is more like a QP. He is responsible for ensuring that plumbing works comply with regulations. 

Thanks for the comment.  

Based on this information, it looks the that it is very serious problem if the hands on plumber do the job without supervision by a licensed plumber. But it is not clear for me that what does "supervision" means. 

Foreign plumbers are required to have a valid work pass and licence, she said. Unlicensed plumbers carrying out critical plumbing works without supervision by a licensed plumber could be fined up to S$10,000 and jailed up to three years.

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/stricter-licensing-regime-plumbers-kicks-april

On ‎23‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 7:20 AM, Lin Normy said:

Thanks for the comment.  

Based on this information, it looks the that it is very serious problem if the hands on plumber do the job without supervision by a licensed plumber. But it is not clear for me that what does "supervision" means. 

Foreign plumbers are required to have a valid work pass and licence, she said. Unlicensed plumbers carrying out critical plumbing works without supervision by a licensed plumber could be fined up to S$10,000 and jailed up to three years.

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/stricter-licensing-regime-plumbers-kicks-april

quote from the article "They can also carry out plumbing works if they work directly under a licensed plumber, who will manage and sign off on the works."

not sure what your concern is actually. any problem that might arise from the works in your house, the licensed plumber who signed off the works will have to answer for it to the authorities, not the one physically doing the work.