Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

I feel the wiring job in bathroom is very messy and unsafe. Here is the reply from my electrician:

" In the ceiling area, its common to see wires criss crosing the drain pipes. They can be siting on top of thr drain pipe or  tape to the drain pipes. Not an issue and do nit contravene any of the electrical guidelines. "

What is your comment for this wiring ?

IMG_4158.jpg

IMG_4114.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
10 hours ago, greatrox99 said:

pretty normal and acceptable to run this way

Thanks for the comment. 

What happen if those pipe leaks ?  I am worried about that case, the electrician fixed all wires on ceiling as I insisted. 

these 3 core electrical wires are insulated with an outer layer with the individual wires inside again insulated.

your toilet will have false ceiling installed after works are done right?

so unless you are so lucky to have some kind of creature which is able to chew through the false ceiling and then subsequently chew through the electrical wires and also possibly cause a leak in your plastic/copper pipes, I would say the chances of a leak from your pipes causing electrical short circuit to your insulated wires is extremely low.

if you are so concerned about this, then don't even have electrical wires running in your toilet ceiling. cos the chances of water leakage from your upstairs neighbor floor through your ceiling is much higher than leakage from pipes.