Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
onionhead

Renovation (one bedder)

wanted to chronicle my renovation works to help others and get some advice along the way. 

some background

Recently completed the purchase of a 775 sq ft duplex one bedder. The unit is currently tenanted and the tenancy is ending end-Feb. Read online that the hunt for designers should begin 3-6 months before collection of keys, so im starting now. 

Ive been looking at inspiration online and have been collecting my inspiration in Pinterest. I’ve been told that my style is country(?). Don’t know what that means. 

The hunt for ID 

I’ve shortlisted 5 IDs based on the portfolio that I’ve seen online. I’ve contacted those and are scheduling the first visits. First time buyer so I don’t know what to expect. Hoping for a good ID to guide us thru the process. 

I also backside itchy and used the “get a quote” function. Got contacted by a number, but I haven’t found one which I like based on their portfolio. Haven’t arranged to meet with any of those. 

Wont be providing the full names of the ID for now. So far, ive contacted the following: 

1. HI - Left a message on its website. Received a whatsapp text the next day asking for details of the project. Arranged to meet in Oct. 
  2. CJ - Sent a Whatsapp text to the general line. Received a whatsapp text the next day asking for details of the project. Arranged to meet 2 weeks after. 
  3. DZ - Left a message on its website. Received an email the next day. Sent over some details. Waiting for response. 
  4. CD - Left a message on its website. Waiting for response. 

Edited by onionhead

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hunt for ID - Update 

1. HI - Met up with Randoll and Mei Ling. Mei Ling does the liaising work with me but Randoll "hosted" the meeting. Asked questions about lifestyle and what we wanted. Good vibes. 
  2. CJ - Arranged for a meeting with Lynn. She said she would send reminder to confirm the meeting but didnt.  Prior to the meeting, she sent some of her designs but I didnt like them. So didnt chase her to confirm the meeting. Didnt meet her in the end. Disappointed because i quite liked the designs of CJ.  
  3. DZ - Had to chase for a response. Sent me a document with some photos of the idea that they have. They also made some markings on the floorplan. Not too creative ideas i think e.g. cabinet here, cabinet there. more like contractor? 
  4. CD - Left a message on its website. Waiting for response.