Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
oonik grl

Our Home

thanks. we're still deciding on the whether to inform or not. anyway, will be meeting up with the ID today to see hw the overall quotation is like. hope that it's within our budget. if not, have to go and find another liao.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
thanks. we're still deciding on the whether to inform or not. anyway, will be meeting up with the ID today to see hw the overall quotation is like. hope that it's within our budget. if not, have to go and find another liao.

erm...probably you can work around your problems like removing some other items to allocate funding for your paint work? Thats what I did, set priorty to your things...things can always add on later.

Sorry to hear your plight. Hope you dont feel too disheartened over the unhappy incident. Do exercise extra caution with whoever you are dealing with. Best of luck!

Actually, painting is kinda last for me. I initially wanted to do retiling the kitchen and service balcony floor. And so I'd rather take away painting to do the re-tiling.

Bt if realli worse comes to worse, maybe I won't tile the kitchen floor and do spray painting service balcony floor. I must say that this idea JUST came to me only. Heh...

guess for me it's a MUST to do the paint work

coz it'll be a nightmare to do it later when all the furniture are in !!

also, if you diy shouldn't cost you more than $500, esp if you get helping hands and equipment loans :D

did repaint my current home about two years ago

the amt of efforts needed to shift the furniture around, protect everything is doubly worse than the painting :dribble:

Estimate cost for painting the whole hse shld be around $1,000.00 plus. Of course it will be cheaper if paint urselves. !!

If you are cooking, I suggest to do tiling for ur kitchen cos long term ur kitchen floor wont be so oily. :dribble:

Estimate cost for painting the whole hse shld be around $1,000.00 plus. Of course it will be cheaper if paint urselves. !!

If you are cooking, I suggest to do tiling for ur kitchen cos long term ur kitchen floor wont be so oily. :dribble:

yah lor. talked to FH bt he hates the peeling that comes with the spray painting. Air (one of the forummers) also advised against the service balcony since there will be heavy workload due to laundry... looks like i have to live with the ugly HDB tiles...

yah lor. talked to FH bt he hates the peeling that comes with the spray painting. Air (one of the forummers) also advised against the service balcony since there will be heavy workload due to laundry... looks like i have to live with the ugly HDB tiles...

Are u getting an ID or contractor to do ur hse nw? !!

most likely ID

Err... me nt quite understand since u got the ideas from the previous ID, why not use it and get a good contractor to reno ur hse. !! This could save quit a fair bit of $$$.

Is it possible to reveal who are ur ID nw? :dribble:

Sure.. he's Patrick Siu from Chew Interior. Only concern is price. He recently did a small reno for our ex-colleague which was done pretty good and fast. But he's nt our ID yet. Just one of the considerations...

FH wants someone to be the overall in charge as he doesn't want to go through the headache that might be associated with contractors. I could do it, but I don't trust myself considering how previously I was the one who somewhat insisted on that stupid ex-ID.

actually a contractor also is the overall in charge mah

unless you give out the different areas to sub-contractors then co-ordination is a big headache

if you get one main contractor, the only difference compared to an ID is the design loh.

ID design and co-ordinate (although the co-ordination part i have my reservations)

Contractor co-ordinates :wub:

Err... me nt quite understand since u got the ideas from the previous ID, why not use it and get a good contractor to reno ur hse. :wub: This could save quit a fair bit of $$$.

Is it possible to reveal who are ur ID nw? :(

I do agree with Cantona7 that you can approach a contractor to do your home but MUST be a good one, do not be like mine! ID will markup alot eventhough they say that design is FOC. If you are going for contractors, do not go for the cheapest quote...every contractor can give you cheap quote and that means cheap materials and workers. On top of that, you have to be very sharp with the materials and workmanship. I learnt everything from my renovation.

Edited by sumobear

Totally agree with sumobear & Cantona7. Dirt cheap may not be the best in the long run. Most important is good service (now & in the future), materials & workmanship...off course cost is also a major factor.

You can consider Ideal House Id to see if they meet your requirements. I find them very responsive, good service (esp the manager) & competitive pricing during our initial search for ID.

Edited by lifestyle