Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
oonik grl

Our Home

Chew interior, I have heard a few bad comments about them from my hubby's friends. I think id are always charging higher for their coordination work, time and ideas. But anyway, since you have already signed up, do keep a close tab on their pricing and worksmanship. Try to squeeze them before they "chop" you. :curse:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I am only worried that she is paying more for their advertising and not product.

yep. no choice since its a big company but at least we can hope such a company wont run away with ur money lor.

thanks guys. i understand all ur concern and really appreciate it. the lighting and electrical points were actually already half done by the ex-ID. so we already know wat are the limitations if any.

also, we have stated everything black and white even up to which brand of solid surface and laminated flooring we'll be using.

their earlier payment method is 10% deposit, 40% commencement of wet works, 40% after completion of wetworks and 10% after inspection

we changed it to contract to be binding only after bank loan approval. 30% commencement of wet works, 20% one week after commencement of wet works (must have work done or else will nt be given, 40% after completion of all works except carpentry and solid surface, 10% after inspection.

i'll type out my quote tonite since a bit busy nw at work.

wow.. that means u will be paying up 90% b4 the carpentry and solidsurface.. actually i think carpentry are quite ex. but since its signed, then nevermind.. think positive and have a gd r/s with the ID first.. maybe its also good to tell the ID that your budget is v tight, and ask him what other costs u have to bear, and whether theres any hidden costs (eg haulage, PE fee if u are hacking anywalls etc). make it clear upfront that u can only afford to pay the contract sum and thats it.

thanks all for the feedbacks. we'll definitely keep a close eye on all renovation works... once bitten twice shy...

which outlet of chew? coz my colleague went to jurong one find service not good but she was recommended another id by her friend and this chew id is from changi outlet (i think, forget the other location) and very good! friendly, efficient and help my colleague to see where can save $ coz my colleague doing less than $10K renovation only..

all the best ya! let me know if u need any help with anything.. :sport-smiley-004: like suggestions, recommendations, free labour etc etc..

Edited by LinDa

thanks linda. it's at the jurong area but the guy seem ok plus we've already seen his most most most most recent work at a friend's place

gg to go see bathroom tiles today. the one FH wanted no more and have to wait till end of Jul. too late for us so gonna pick another tile

thanks linda. it's at the jurong area but the guy seem ok plus we've already seen his most most most most recent work at a friend's place

gg to go see bathroom tiles today. the one FH wanted no more and have to wait till end of Jul. too late for us so gonna pick another tile

but i think chew is really one stop shop so very convenient in that sense. my colleague bought sanitary even fr them! she bargain la, most free then some she pay. ;) remember to bargain! must be like auntie go market buy vegetable free chilli! hehe.. have a great weekend!

Edited by LinDa

Well done Oonik girl... seems like things are starting to look better, once u guys move on, everything will b up & good again! Jus keep a close watch on what's happening. Believe Chew interiors should be quite reliable since they have a name to maintain with all the publicity that they have exposed to themselves. Think positive! Cheers!

things are gg bad for me. i lost my precious o2 mini handphone at Bugis toilet yesterday.

the only good news is that my loan is approved. which is a big good news for me.

in other fronts, i found out that the my ex-ID is getting reno quotes from their sub-con ! this means that they are still operating in business. makes me fuming mad :P!:P

things are gg bad for me. i lost my precious o2 mini handphone at Bugis toilet yesterday.

the only good news is that my loan is approved. which is a big good news for me.

in other fronts, i found out that the my ex-ID is getting reno quotes from their sub-con ! this means that they are still operating in business. makes me fuming mad :P!:P

oh no, o2 quite ex too right?

i think it will be good if u post a thread on the co to warn others. or write in to forum etc. :)

oh dear, that doesn't sound very right

that means they have the intention to cheat right?

coz they know they cannot deliver the goods but still go around promising other home-owners :D

maybe you should post the company name to warn those looking for ID

yah lor ! **** fed-up abt that. bt i need to get proof first...

oh no, o2 quite ex too right?

yah.. some more it was a present frm my FH. feel so sad ... i cried the whole day yesterday. :rofl::P

anyway, went window shopping a bit today. so either buying the htc touch or the nokia n95.. see hw. lucky gt $100 starhub voucher which i almost threw away ! :D

also went to SBH today to choose the toilet tile. the one we wanted have to wait till end of mth for shipment. so long !

yah lor ! **** fed-up abt that. bt i need to get proof first...

still need proof? u mean yr id manage to find a loophole not to continue yr unit?

nice things got to be patient! :D

still need proof? u mean yr id manage to find a loophole not to continue yr unit?

nice things got to be patient! :)

i mean my ex-ID. they are nt doing my house nw bt can do other ppl's one. anyway, this is wat i heard from another homeowner who was informed by the sub-contractor. so must get concrete proof again then we go IO. still wan to cheat other ppl's money ! so pissed off. i must think of something ! :~