Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
oonik grl

Our Home

i mean my ex-ID. they are nt doing my house nw bt can do other ppl's one. anyway, this is wat i heard from another homeowner who was informed by the sub-contractor. so must get concrete proof again then we go IO. still wan to cheat other ppl's money ! so pissed off. i must think of something ! :jawdrop:

Sorry to hear abt your plight and glad that u have moved on. I really hate these cheaters :dunno: Wonder does hiring a PI helps in your case to prove they are cheating. Though it is ex.

Good luck to your reno!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

take it as 破财销灾

singapore gov law on cheating cases very very weak, always cant prosecute the swindler.

hope it is as strict as anti drug laws.

take it as 破财销灾

singapore gov law on cheating cases very very weak, always cant prosecute the swindler.

hope it is as strict as anti drug laws.

i also agree that the laws soemtimes do not protect the consumers as much.. hope something can be done abt it

think drugs has bigger implications on the society

as it will lead to problems like robbery, theft or even murder

also, cheating quite difficult to prove loh

coz drug is strict liability whilst cheating must prove intention :~

just applying some of the knowledge i gained from night classes :)

Do you think going to newspaper or TV help? Sometime these authorities bochap matters get notice when make into media. Isnt cheating considered a crime, moreover with many victims?

yes cheating is definitely a crime but then intention is difficult to prove

that means you need to be sure that at the point of taking your money, the ID already know that there is no way the renovation can be done.

if the ID had intentions to complete the work but is unable to, it becomes a civil matter...

so much headache. FH is gg to go on reservist in less than 2 weeks time and nw it seems that i will have to oversee the reno. a bit concerned about that as FH was the one who handled the HDB and stuff like that. what if i can't handle it .. what if the ID thinks that i can be pushed around...

dun worry, if your ID try to use some jargons to confuse you

you can just pop in here and ask

sure got someone online who can help one :)

if not you jio us go down, we all stand behind you

your ID sure won't try anything funny :D

haha ! thanks thanks ..

so far FH has tried to push for all the paperwork to be done before he go and settle the other stuffs like lighting and electrical points. so i'll just need to oversee the reno. but i tink we'll miss one or two small stuff ..

as long as the major stuff is not missed out, small stuffs is still ok. dun worry..

dun worry, if your ID try to use some jargons to confuse you

you can just pop in here and ask

sure got someone online who can help one :help:

if not you jio us go down, we all stand behind you

your ID sure won't try anything funny :(

Wow.. the 'more people' trick. I thought that only happens during gang fights or angry meetings :bow:

Anyway, oonik grl, there is no harm in listening to what your ID has to say and giving him an opportunity to explain how things are done. But do stand firm on what was agreed upon. If you need to be flexible, do ensure that the ID is also flexible to you as well (such things have to go both ways)

hey gal.. if it is small changes and u r ok with it.. than go ahead.. but for any major issue, delay till your fh is available.. he can still use hp when on reservist.. maybe at night... don't be cornered by any sales tactics or time limitation.. stand firm... not happy say not happy.. then they won't play play with u.. take care..

hey gal.. if it is small changes and u r ok with it.. than go ahead.. but for any major issue, delay till your fh is available.. he can still use hp when on reservist.. maybe at night... don't be cornered by any sales tactics or time limitation.. stand firm... not happy say not happy.. then they won't play play with u.. take care..

Agreed with Ben3555 if u are nt veri sure or comfortable jus stand firm and said will check with my FH b4 give him ur reply. :notti:

During observation if u find something is not right or u are nt veri sure whether is correct, take down the pics and show it to ur ID and FH to clarify. :dancingqueen:

thanks guys ! i'll take note of all the tips given. so great to have such helpful forummers like u all here !

meanwhile, i'll just write everything down to make sure we are all on the same page and also nt rush into making a decision.

Hi ooonik,

I can give u the contact of my painter. He did a very good job giving us 3 coats(1 coat sealant, 2x paint) for all the walls using nippon 3-in-1 medifresh which a 2nd highest grade paint in nippon series. and also he did the doors and gate too , job well done.