Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
oonik grl

Our Home

Thks :dribble:

Ur FH of course veri excited MBR toilet so nice, nw is time to look for the right toilet accessaries for it. :notti:

yep yep ! gotta buy a few stuffs more !

Hi Gal.. nice to see everything moving along smoothly for you.. very cosy feel in your bathroom.. all the best and keep us posted on the development..cheers..

Thanks Ben3555 !

HDB finally finished the re-screeding my whole house ! I was so excited abt it that I forgot to take pics ! Hopefully it'll be dry enuf by Friday evening so that I can move the toilet bowl from the room and the plumber can fix it up.

The bad news ? The workers move the existing sand, cement and stone to my balcony :)! :) I hope that the balcony tiles are not damaged. My contractor did put the cardboard on top to protect. Thank God they did !

Now that screeding is off my mind, the next big hurdle was the done-halfway electrical and lighting points. URGH ! :bleah: Such an eyesore. Once that's done, i'll have a peace of mind.

Everything else is moving along nicely. The kitchen cabinets should be starting next week. Can't wait to see that once up as well as the painting and the flooring ! Wheeeeeee :yamseng:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

fang xin... Tile is tough, they won't spoilt so easily. If anything spoilt, then ask them to compensate lor..

Seems everything are going smoothly now.. Can't wait to see your beautiful hse.. Jia you

oh man oh man oh man !

gt a call from my ID stating that the toilet bowl we bought can't be used ! our prev ID said that 6" is fine but nw the new ID said that we can only go to a maximum of 5". I realli hope that we can do an exchange of some kind. sigh... :)

oh man oh man oh man !

gt a call from my ID stating that the toilet bowl we bought can't be used ! our prev ID said that 6" is fine but nw the new ID said that we can only go to a maximum of 5". I realli hope that we can do an exchange of some kind. sigh... :)

where did you buy it from? most prob can do an exchange if the item is still packed in the original package

it's not as if you want a refund, it's true that the item cannot be used mah

worst come to worst, try to sell it here since so many pple renovating their home

sure got someone want a 6" WC bah :)

Realli hope can do exchange, have to call up the shop later. :~

Bought loads of lights last Saturday.

22 (13Wx2) downlights from Light + Form

3 "moon type" lights from Ikea + 11W bulbs

2 LOCK lights from Ikea + 11W bulbs

Total Cost: Slightly less than $800. Which is just nicely within my budget. :~ Hehe !

FH gt a phone call from our ex-electrician today. So weird ! Anyway, he was asking us if we want him to continue. I am thinking of using him (we didn't contact him previously cos dun have his contact number) as he had already done it halfway and know where everything is suppose to be. Plus, we have already paid him half the amount.

But also another side of me is cautious. In case that he is still in contacts with our ex-ID and may try to do something funny.

Our current ID is pretty flexible and dun mind the previous guy to do the wiring. If we choose a new electrician, costs may be higher but also at the same time, I might have a better peace of mind due to electrical works but probably stress over the cash.

What do u guys think I should do ? :P

One good news: Painting is to start tomorrow. Yea yea ! :notti::dancingqueen: That is most likely one of the most visible change u can see in the house.

Okay. i gt a flat price of $900 from the old electrician and an estimate of $1k - $1.2k from my ID's electrician. help anyone ?

Okay. i gt a flat price of $900 from the old electrician and an estimate of $1k - $1.2k from my ID's electrician. help anyone ?

U means your ex electrician offer $900 to complete the half completed works?

Your current ID's electrician charging u $1k ~ $1.2k to complete it?

So how much did u paid to your previous electrician??

I dunno, maybe he also the victim of your old ID and did not got the money u paid...

Edited by cookie

we paid our ID $650 but the electrician said that they paid him only about $400+. and we need to top up $900 more to complete the job.

and yes, our ID's electrician need $1-1.2k to complete the job.

like wat he said, seems that my ex-ID also cheat him out of the money abit lor. but then i still like a bit dun believe. haha!

alrite ! we have decided to go with ID's electrician so that the ID can co-ordinate everything (easier for us) and also peace of mind on the end result.

Good news for toilet bowl. We get to exchange it. Most likely going down this weekend to bring it over (so heavy !)

i am somewhat unhappy with the painting/painters. uneven painting and bits of plaster stuck to wall, coffee spills on the walls :good: plus, i totally forgot that the balcony must be painted in exterior paint ! :unsure: we dun have windows... and my balcony floor has dried coffee on it. plaster i understand.. coffee ?!?

plus.. my stool has gone missing. FH says that he last saw it in the common bathroom before the painting starts... grrrr ! :yamseng:

anyway, here are the pics ... all paint are from dulux. not sponsored unfortunately :D

living room:

dark wall: bisque

the rest of the wall (unseen): swansdown

1171706940_886f8d3780.jpg

balcony:

dark wall: silvermink

light wall: bisque

1171711932_6f67c6547c.jpg

master bedroom:

dark wall: lavendar mist

light wall: pacific mist

1171710894_89178e6592.jpg

guest bedroom:

dark wall: blue topaz

light wall: pacific mist

1170851461_6605ffb0f3.jpg

playroom:

dark wall: dessert orange

light wall: cornfield

1170850431_18be3c4661.jpg

the pacific mist looks different with different colour wall next to it

cool :yamseng:

guess this is the first coat so colour a bit uneven

also, they'd be doing a cleaning up right?

hopefully things will get better from here :unsure:

jia you :good:

hi oonik grl...

wah painting already done.good choices! ...

wat tiles are ur balcony floor using? if itz not porous the coffee stain can be cleaned off wan...later ur ID will arrange for cleaning of the whole hse..but if ur unhappy juz feedback to him loh... :yamseng:

:unsure:

hi oonik grl...

Happy for you after seeing your reno is at a great process now ...

I like your choice of tiles and colours. Good taste :yamseng:!

:yam seng: : yam seng: more pic pls :rofl:!

Edited by ranval