Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OTC76

Water seepage on Parquet Flooring

Bought a resale 4 rm flat recently and discover that a small part of my parquet flooring in my master bedroom (Next to both toilets) has darken and also moistured my wooden door frame resulting to termites infestation.

Called in the pest control to do treatment and he suspect there is minor water seepage from the toilet thru the wall to the master bedroom flooring.

Anyone who have experience such water seepage before, mind to share and advise.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

there might be damage to the waterproofing layer beneath the toilet floor tiles. only way to rectify this is to hack away the toilet flooring and redo the waterproofing and re tile the whole floor and skirting.

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 12:58 PM, snoozee said:

there might be damage to the waterproofing layer beneath the toilet floor tiles. only way to rectify this is to hack away the toilet flooring and redo the waterproofing and re tile the whole floor and skirting.

Hi, have saw those advert which says they can do waterproofing without hacking. Any idea will that be reliable ?

some of these no hacking waterproofing services are just simply doing a waterproof layer on top of the existing tiled surface. if this waterproof layer is damaged, you are still back to square one.