Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
galliano

Engineering submissions - query

Need to ask for advise, as I’m bit concern my engaged engineering company is not working in the best interest of me. 

1. Gotten my WP from our layout submissions to URA bout 2 weeks back (that’s after waiting for 4weeks). However, I  now plan to change the layout of my rear roof. Engineer resubmitted to URA again. But now I’ve been asked to pay $3,210 again for this new admendment. Is this correct? 

I already paid $3,210 previously for the 1st submission, and there was some miscommunications between engineer & myself/contractor whom we were told any admendments would only costs us $300+.

is this correct? 

I have 2 options I guess

-Pay AGAIN the high costs for resubmitting this small admenment. But what happens if I need to make changes again??

-Simple stick back to the old design which has already been approved. 

2. Engineer advised me to engage soil inspection services. He claims that BCA would ask for it. I proceeded to do so, and now the reports recommends piling. Was it really necessary to obtain soil testing in the 1st place? I’m only doing a extension on my 2nd floor to maximise. 

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

After WP issued, any amendments for resubmission need to pay URA again. 

Whether need piling or not depends on the PE and the existing structural design. If the rear area where the extension is going to be is not designed initially to take the additional load of the extension, then the PE is not wrong to recommend piling. Else if the extension is built, your house might end up sinking due to the additional weight. 

3 hours ago, snoozee said:

After WP issued, any amendments for resubmission need to pay URA again. 

Whether need piling or not depends on the PE and the existing structural design. If the rear area where the extension is going to be is not designed initially to take the additional load of the extension, then the PE is not wrong to recommend piling. Else if the extension is built, your house might end up sinking due to the additional weight. 

Thanks for the advice. Guess i’m have no choice but to pay again for the admendment. 

Now should I proceed with the URA submission or should we go ahead 1st with the strucural drawings? My worry is that during the course of structural design, there might be changes again required for URA submission. 

My my point being .. is BCA submission dependent on URA submission now? As in, must we only start preparing for structural after getting the new WP. I would assume that eventually both must match of course. 

I might be wrong but do correct me. You have 6 months to resubmit amendments after submission is approved. But even then, during construction, there is bound to have changed here and there. As long as not major change that affects structure/load bearing, builder is able to do a ‘as built’ drawing submission before TOP.

35 minutes ago, AWS said:

I might be wrong but do correct me. You have 6 months to resubmit amendments after submission is approved. But even then, during construction, there is bound to have changed here and there. As long as not major change that affects structure/load bearing, builder is able to do a ‘as built’ drawing submission before TOP.

you are referring to Provisional Permission. if PP is issued, work can start first before a WP is issued. however once WP is issued, it is considered final and any amendments need to pay submission fees again.

Oh yes. Is it after PP is issued, we have 6 months to make payment for WP? Is it a norm that once PP is obtained, QP will try to delay as long as possible to apply for WP?

payment is done upon submission regardless of PP or WP. whether PP or WP to be issued depends on URA.

PP is only valid for 6 months but can be extended. but each extension need to pay $$$. so it doesn't make sense to keep extending the PP unless the client is willing to keep paying for the extensions.

I am a builder & had completed a job with 38 piles with final penetration depth of average 38.278 metres at cost of $121,237.49 including testing fees which works out as follows:

Machine/ Rig Mobilization Fee: $24,500.00 (Fixed Amount based on 1 time Incoming Commencement & 1 time Out Going on Completion)

Pile Shoe & Head: $2,850.00 (based on Quantity)

Pile Dynamic Analysis Test: $2,250.00 (3 Number / Pile Point)

168.3mm Diameter Steel Pile Driving Including Cement Infill: $91,637.49 (Based on Actual Pile Penetration Depth)

I know that it is imperative to have reliable mechanisms and tools in the manufacturing industry that will not give out failures when working. If I have not been able to do anything before, it was only because of unreliable means of fastening. I think that you should work out this point well so that there will be no similar mistakes as I have in the future. I recently discovered a good website and now thanks to this I can have the result of high-quality parts and tools. I'm sure you'll find it useful