Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Longan

Washing Machine drainage pipe

Hi,

I have this pipe (see attached) to drain the water from my washer. It is 21cm in height and I found out that there is residue water left in the hose after the washing cycle.

I’d googled and it seems like in the West, they will place their outlet pipe way higher, sometimes even higher than the washing machine; not sure if it is because they have a different plumping system.

Anyway, I’m wondering if the height of this pipe and having this residue water in the hose is normal, or if I should cut it?

Thanks!

Edit:

Just to clarify, the residue water is in the drain hose connected to my washer, the last remaining bit that didn’t clear because of gravity.

pipe.jpg

Edited by Longan
Clarification

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

even if you cut the pipe, you will still get water left inside your hose if you are still connecting your hose to this pipe vertically.

the washing machine drainage normally is at the bottom with the hose also connected at the bottom. so unless you can lay your hose horizontally with the outlet lower than the washing machine, you will always end up having water left over in the hose if the hose is connected vertically.

33 minutes ago, snoozee said:

even if you cut the pipe, you will still get water left inside your hose if you are still connecting your hose to this pipe vertically.

the washing machine drainage normally is at the bottom with the hose also connected at the bottom. so unless you can lay your hose horizontally with the outlet lower than the washing machine, you will always end up having water left over in the hose if the hose is connected vertically.

Right thanks, it makes sense :)

Do you have yours laid horizontally?