Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
topgann

"Reduced Level" of landed property

Hi

Looking to see if I need water tank and I was told I need to determine what is the "reduced level" of my property. Refer to the PUB's Handbook on Application for Water Supply:

3.13 Water Supply to Landed Residential Premises For landed residential premises with water fittings above 125m RL, owners have the flexibility of deciding when they would like to install the water tank. Owners who opt to install the water tank at a later date, however, must make the necessary provision now for the space and structural loading for installing the tank in future when necessary.

I could not locate this in the BCA plans that I purchase. Is there anyway to find out easily? Thanks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Look at the Architectural Drawings you should have Elevation/s & Sectional drawings showing the height of all floors.

For example, in bottom left of my attached Rear elevation, you should see under "Basement Level" a rectangular box with wording "PL 100.94" This means the completed floor level (after complete laying of floor tiles) of the basement.

From PL 100.94, you add the dimensions at the left sides of this elevation (ie: basement to 1st = 2480 means 2.48 metres) as follows:

100.94+2.48+3.5+3.5+5=115.42

Hence 115.42 is the highest "Reduced Level" of the property. In the plan, PL means Proposed Level.

As for water supply issue in your question, you can check using following steps:

1) Go to highest floor of your house (ie: in my elevation this would be the Attic).

2) Measure from the floor to the highest point of your tap fitting (ie: shower outlet, basin tap, etc, whichever is the highest).

3) In my elevation, the calculation will be 100.94+2.48+3.5+3.5+1 (assume 1 is height of basin tap from attic floor)=111.42

Hence based on 111.42, we know there is no need to install water tanks &/or water pumps.

The reason for this is all water pressure supplied by the governing Authority will ensure pressure is enough to "push " the water up to the maximum level of 125 Metres to all property in Singapore. If the pressure is is not enough, you will experience, in worse scenario, water seems to be dripping even when you turn you tap to full.

In property such as condo, hdb, high rise building exceeding 4 floors, the supply usually comes in 2 points, 1 direct supply to all floors below to Reduced Level of 125 metres, another will be pumped to storage tank located on roof & distributed downwards by gravity to other floor above the Reduced Level of 125 metres

Hope this helps you to understand better.

Untitled.jpg.2ff0803adf823c3506d93c5762a3b1b1.jpg

if your house is very old, the BCA plans may not contain the necessary information. so in order to find out the various levels of your house, you would need to engage a surveyor to perform the topo survey. from this topo survey, you can know the actual level of the 1st storey floor of your house.

since you are doing a major A&A, you can see if your contractor can do the topo survey for you to get the levels of the house.

of cos if any of your neighbors have rebuilt or done a reconstruction in recent years, can always ask to see their architectural plans and guage which level your house is at from the information in their plans.

Edited by snoozee

On 10/25/2018 at 8:09 AM, 3Cube said:

Look at the Architectural Drawings you should have Elevation/s & Sectional drawings showing the height of all floors.

For example, in bottom left of my attached Rear elevation, you should see under "Basement Level" a rectangular box with wording "PL 100.94" This means the completed floor level (after complete laying of floor tiles) of the basement.

From PL 100.94, you add the dimensions at the left sides of this elevation (ie: basement to 1st = 2480 means 2.48 metres) as follows:

100.94+2.48+3.5+3.5+5=115.42

Hence 115.42 is the highest "Reduced Level" of the property. In the plan, PL means Proposed Level.

As for water supply issue in your question, you can check using following steps:

1) Go to highest floor of your house (ie: in my elevation this would be the Attic).

2) Measure from the floor to the highest point of your tap fitting (ie: shower outlet, basin tap, etc, whichever is the highest).

3) In my elevation, the calculation will be 100.94+2.48+3.5+3.5+1 (assume 1 is height of basin tap from attic floor)=111.42

Hence based on 111.42, we know there is no need to install water tanks &/or water pumps.

The reason for this is all water pressure supplied by the governing Authority will ensure pressure is enough to "push " the water up to the maximum level of 125 Metres to all property in Singapore. If the pressure is is not enough, you will experience, in worse scenario, water seems to be dripping even when you turn you tap to full.

In property such as condo, hdb, high rise building exceeding 4 floors, the supply usually comes in 2 points, 1 direct supply to all floors below to Reduced Level of 125 metres, another will be pumped to storage tank located on roof & distributed downwards by gravity to other floor above the Reduced Level of 125 metres

Hope this helps you to understand better.

Untitled.jpg.2ff0803adf823c3506d93c5762a3b1b1.jpg

Thanks for the very detailed and comprehensive reply. Very useful!!

On 10/25/2018 at 9:07 AM, snoozee said:

if your house is very old, the BCA plans may not contain the necessary information. so in order to find out the various levels of your house, you would need to engage a surveyor to perform the topo survey. from this topo survey, you can know the actual level of the 1st storey floor of your house.

since you are doing a major A&A, you can see if your contractor can do the topo survey for you to get the levels of the house.

of cos if any of your neighbors have rebuilt or done a reconstruction in recent years, can always ask to see their architectural plans and guage which level your house is at from the information in their plans.

Thanks Snoozee for the very helpful answer as always. I have checked with a few neighbours but it seems like none of them has gone this far.