Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Sheena Smita

My Swift and Affordable 5 - I Reno journey

Hi All 

My reno journey started about 3 months back when i sold my BTO and found a resale unit .. Life wasnt that simple as

• I had approx 5 weeks in between to shift
  • The unit i bought was Cheap but badly maintained.
  • I had a ridiculously low budget
  • I was doing this reno solo as my hubby was out of town 

I researched countless IDs and contractors who told me that it was Impossible to do whatever i wanted ( Hacking , Tiling , Complete Kitchen and Bathroom reno , False Ceiling , Built in Carpentry , Replacement of Room Doors , Window and Grille replacements , Electrical and Plumbing works ) within 5 weeks. The shortest time line i had was 7 weeks and the bill was $48000 ( which was the average amongst most contractors)  

On a very late night in late August i happen to read to reno forum and got a contact of Mr Seah. I tried my luck and he said he wanted to see my lowest quote and he will try my best to help me. We met at about 9pm at the unit as i was delayed after work . He saw my lowest quote and through to his word offered me a much lower price. We signed the deal immediately as i had no time to waste if i need to move in by the 1st week of October.

Needless to say i was a little worried and sceptical coz of the deal i got -- i was afraid i would be short changed or the quality would not be up to my expectation but Mr Seah never failed me. i went to several of his units just to be more reassured. Plus the fact that he owned his own carpentry factory was a plus point as he could offer direct carpentry prices.

Right from choosing the tiles , to laminate colors and fabrics we worked together day and ( mostly nights due to my work schedule). He put in a 100% percent and hand to push me when i was too tired to make selections. He even gave me advise whenever i made wrong selections. 

After exactly 5 weeks and 2 days he handed over the house to me :) and i have no complains to date ( There is a reason i waited a lil longer to put up this post just in case his workmanship needed touch ups - but it is all good )

Renovating a home is definitely not an easy feat but if it definitely helpful to share if we have come across good contacts :) A little goes a long way 

**Pictures to be updated soon**

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Truly amazing that all that work could be done in so short a time!

Are the above the pre-renovation photos? Looking forward to the post-renovation photos!