Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yokoyoko

Hdb Selling Repurchased Flat.

Hi all,

I think HDB had a couple of repurchased flats to offer for matured housng estate... thats y there is a bi-monthly sale of 4 n bigger flats going on.. and i will be attending the appointment tml.

anyone here been to the appointment make by them? or had bought from them?

Any gd n bad expriences and advise to share?

Thanks... :D

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

yokoyoko, i am a proud owner of RP flat! Well....the disadvantage in getting RP flat will be: some of the structures have been change by the previous owner, most are in mature estates, whereby the resale prices are crazy but only thing good abt resale flats is that u can see the interior before u purchase it...but for RP, that is no way u can see the interior unless u book the flat and pay a 2k booking fee. The only advise i have is...u need to have like 15k and more for reno unless the movein condition is pretty good like kitchen wise whereby u can save a big sum of money like 5-8k :D. For me, i am doing basic reno which involves changing my living, balcony, dining, kitchen and 2 toilets wall and floor tiles, doing my kitchen cabinets and 2 toilets w one vanity top, one built-in wardobe and whole house electrical and lights, include changing windows for balcony, dining and kitchen and grilles for whole place. ALL this cost us 30k! Bear in mind, i dun have any features wall, shoe cabinet and divider..and WIW...so more u know more or less what u want and what u need.. good luck!

is there anyway that we can check the previous owner details ? as is why do they sell back to HDB ? migrate, death , house 'not clean' or own loan shark ? i have heard some of the house have murder cases etc..so they hv no choice but to sell back to HDB:p

tweetie76, what i did was i ask the next door neighbour, they told me that my flat was vacant for a couple of yrs..they heard that the previous owners got in suitcase w govt..and therefore it was taken back by govt lor. Anyway, i was staying that area..less than 100m away..so roughly i know is there any "bad" news happened to the flat. Best is..u go and ask the neigbour as they will know the best and when u pay the booking fees, go and have a feel of the flat...sometimes..if u dun feel comfortable w the flat, it is always better to forfeit the money and wait for an ideal flat to come...afterall, u are gog to stay there for at least 5 yrs!

tweetie76, what i did was i ask the next door neighbour, they told me that my flat was vacant for a couple of yrs..they heard that the previous owners got in suitcase w govt..and therefore it was taken back by govt lor. Anyway, i was staying that area..less than 100m away..so roughly i know is there any "bad" news happened to the flat. Best is..u go and ask the neigbour as they will know the best and when u pay the booking fees, go and have a feel of the flat...sometimes..if u dun feel comfortable w the flat, it is always better to forfeit the money and wait for an ideal flat to come...afterall, u are gog to stay there for at least 5 yrs!

hi bubblepearl,

is good that u stay there, so can find out..but usually RP flat are sold out so fast....before i got chance to find out :o

What i more worry is these are loan sharks units....then headache.. :rolleyes:

Edited by tweetie76

hi bubblepearl,

is good that u stay there, so can find out..but usually RP flat are sold out so fast....before i got chance to find out :o

What i more worry is these are loan sharks units....then headache.. :rolleyes:

yalor loan sharks and scare the house not 'clean'... we also bought a RP flat... so far so good... we took our dog there... if he scare to go in then i think something wrong liao.. but he rushed inside the flat as soon as the door is open so i guess our unit is 'clean' haha...

me bought an RP flat too. luckily, the previous owners didn't do anything. actually hor, i didn;t even think of checking with the neighbours to see wat happened. only when the TO opened the door and told us that previous couple could not produce marriage cert, so kena taken back lor.

anyway, if gt murder or anything bad, my fren living in same block would know. so far so good ! :rolleyes:

me bought an RP flat too. luckily, the previous owners didn't do anything. actually hor, i didn;t even think of checking with the neighbours to see wat happened. only when the TO opened the door and told us that previous couple could not produce marriage cert, so kena taken back lor.

anyway, if gt murder or anything bad, my fren living in same block would know. so far so good ! :rolleyes:

serious ah? I also forgot whether i produce mine or not

better go check!!

:o

yalor loan sharks and scare the house not 'clean'... we also bought a RP flat... so far so good... we took our dog there... if he scare to go in then i think something wrong liao.. but he rushed inside the flat as soon as the door is open so i guess our unit is 'clean' haha...

HAHA...u so cute...for me..i bring my whole family, not whole lah! My parents and my 1st SIL and 2nd bro, 3rd bro, my neice, my bf's parent...total 9 of us include the TO to see the flat! HAHA...got REN QI!...also to declare that unit is ours! Dun play play hor!

serious ah? I also forgot whether i produce mine or not

better go check!!

:sport-smiley-018:

GnM...so long nvr update ur blog liao?

Hi all,

I think HDB had a couple of repurchased flats to offer for matured housng estate... thats y there is a bi-monthly sale of 4 n bigger flats going on.. and i will be attending the appointment tml.

anyone here been to the appointment make by them? or had bought from them?

Any gd n bad expriences and advise to share?

Thanks... :sport-smiley-018:

My gf bought a repurchased flat from HDB. Place was in pretty bad condition, think HDB only changed rivets, taps, and rubbish chute for them. But they asked neighbour and apparently flat has been vacant for 2 years. So they think nevermind, flat has potential and they spend a bomb to redo the place. Then recently they apply for starhub cable, and find out the previous owner owe them a lot of money. And apparently previous owners owe Amex money also (amex sold bad debt to private company to reclaim debt), so they getting letters demanding for money... and have to go through all the hassle of sending parties photocopies of new ownership. So now they have to worry about previous owners still using their IC (not updated one) to borrow from loan shark.

But this is heng or suay ones right?

Hi guys n babes,

Nice for sharing.. I went to c the units in YISHUN i targetted just now.. 1 kena loan shark before(ask the neigbour), 1 just before the mrt track (veri noisy). The rest is not ideal to me.

Sianz man.. May need to wait for another launch liao... or maybe need to wait for my slow agent to get back to me on his search..

Anyway, thanks for all the expriences... All the best!! :sport-smiley-018:

Hi guys n babes,

Nice for sharing.. I went to c the units in YISHUN i targetted just now.. 1 kena loan shark before(ask the neigbour), 1 just before the mrt track (veri noisy). The rest is not ideal to me.

Sianz man.. May need to wait for another launch liao... or maybe need to wait for my slow agent to get back to me on his search..

Anyway, thanks for all the expriences... All the best!! :)

hi yoko2,

do u mind sharing the info to us?

mmm..does u guys & gals think we shd set up a topic here to talk abt RP unit? :sport-smiley-018:

i think this will benefit all buyers...i heard abt EC @ JW aso "not clean" anybody know leh?

hmm .. topic on RP unit seems like a good idea. helps other buyers on what to look out for as well...nt blur blur like me.. haha ! :lol:

i'm going for my appointment later at 4.30pm to select. Going to take repurchase unit at yishun also...5 room, just check the web and some of the unit already gone.so worry the unit of my choice will be taken up by other :lol:

hmm .. topic on RP unit seems like a good idea. helps other buyers on what to look out for as well...nt blur blur like me.. haha ! :lol:

Ya...Oonika girl..imagine during Nov WIS...no one aware of RP units..haha...my bf tot i was the only idiotic person that will go and consider those kind of units!

threecharacters: how come Starhub so funny one? By right they are not supposed to reveal anything abt other customers' financial condition leh...(used to be one Starhubber too..haha...change to its rival liao). I also received letters addressed to previous owner..they also businessman in some IT line...