Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yokoyoko

Hdb Selling Repurchased Flat.

Hi,

HDB now offer the bi-monthly 4 or bigger/ 3 rm or smaller flats to the public. To what i understand is so called the Repurchase flat(RP).

as what the other forumers had mentioned, HDB gt these flats back from the owners that might had some personel problems (such as marriage failure, cannot produce marriage cert, no money to pay bills and etc).

There are risks to take this flats.

1st is that public cant really view the interior of the RP flat(to my knowledge). can only go to the unit and peek around outside. Like i went to a unit at Yishun, the MRT track is just beside, its veri noisy don't noe how the ppl live there can tahan...haha

2nd is that you wont know what had happened to the flat before. any "dirty" things or loan sharks.. unless u bring a dog there like what sunboi80 did.. which i think is a gd idea also.. haha.. need to ask the neighnour around lo..

Like today i asked one of the neighbour at YISHUN BLK 21* on this particular unit, they told me the couple moved out quite a while and last time got loan shark cases. The wall oso got the loan shark's gimmick.. diff paint over he original paint. so i sian 1 half lo... :lol:

3rd thing is you must pay 2000 bucks deposit can will not get it back once u paid and later decided not to buy..

And also HDB ppl wont noe anything about the ah long or dirty thing.. onli can complaint after thing happened. according to the HDB staff.

Good thing about this RP:

1st, its cheaper and can easily finished payment within 10 yrs (for 4 rms la)..i mean for me..haha

2nd, save money to engage agents (some bad apples.. u will neber noe)...

3rd, save time to wait for new flats to be built or fight with a lot ppl over a few new units/blk...

This is to what i understand on RP... if anything wrong pl correct.. thanks....

Cheers!!

Hi Vanny,

Please check and confirm the units personally like what i did before u go HDB. Cos over there u must pay the deposit and bring all the documents liao..

and oso must make a decision there.. Like i went in the morning.. and found out the units i targetted not as ideal as i tot...

Take care and good luck man... :yamseng:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Ya.. bubblepearl...

I wanted to say but some areas are quite new, don need massive reno and some beta RP got renovated before.. depend lo...

But guess mostly need reno lo..

haha

After failing to get any new flat from previous ballotings, I decided to get a 10 year old RP flat in Tampines from the Feb WIS.

Did a background check from 2 different sources about the history and was surprised to find out that there were 2 previous owners before me. First owners had financial difficulties, sold back to HDB in 1999/2000. Second owner bought it 2001, had marriage problems and sold it back to HDB in 2005. Not occupied ever since. I'm not too concern about this, as long as nobody died in the flat.

One major thing I do not like about the flat is its old style interior design. I have no choice but to spend more on renovation to do up the whole place.

Matt70, same concern as u...now can only budget my renovation...cost...haiz...

yokoyoko, hehe..u are rite! But also depends the area...if at punggol or SK or JW area, i think it will be more safer to get brand new flats! Just my 2nd cents tots :lol:

After failing to get any new flat from previous ballotings, I decided to get a 10 year old RP flat in Tampines from the Feb WIS.

Did a background check from 2 different sources about the history and was surprised to find out that there were 2 previous owners before me. First owners had financial difficulties, sold back to HDB in 1999/2000. Second owner bought it 2001, had marriage problems and sold it back to HDB in 2005. Not occupied ever since. I'm not too concern about this, as long as nobody died in the flat.

One major thing I do not like about the flat is its old style interior design. I have no choice but to spend more on renovation to do up the whole place.

Hi matt

how did u manage to find out abt the previous owner? do u believe in seeing fengshui for the house ?

for RP flats really depends on ur luck. my sis also bought RP flat before me. but her house is already very nicely decorated liao so dun have much things to do. she just redo the kitchen and 2 toilets. sho good..

Hi matt

how did u manage to find out abt the previous owner? do u believe in seeing fengshui for the house ?

Found out from my HDB officer, plus I verified the information from my own personal sources. No - I'm not into fengshui.

Hi yoko,

I also shortlisted for that Yishun Blk 21* top floor rite? i went up & see, e door was painted with many colors... **faint**

Wat is ur Q no & appt? mine is on 27 Apr.

Hi Vanny,

You are so lucky, to have appt today... ur Q no muz be very small....

Hi yoko,

I also shortlisted for that Yishun Blk 21* top floor rite? i went up & see, e door was painted with many colors... **faint**

Wat is ur Q no & appt? mine is on 27 Apr.

Hi Vanny,

You are so lucky, to have appt today... ur Q no muz be very small....

how many units are there @ Yishun ?

Found out from my HDB officer, plus I verified the information from my own personal sources. No - I'm not into fengshui.

hi matt

you are so lucky that the hdb officer knows abt the flat history..

Less than 100 i think, some are CMI de...

hi miu miu

why u say some CMI ? how bad are they ?

Hi Miu Miu,

ACtually my appoint is 1 of the earliest.. this morning.. But i found out about the loan shark incident (cos i onli shortlist 4 units, 1 taken, 1 loan shark, 1 veri noisy as it just located beside the track and 1 is the middle of the corridors which my gal don1), den i left the hub empty handed..

Checked thru the floorplan, the flat itself and neighbour help.. Although is quite cheap.. i guess save all those loan shark trouble is better lo..

I think tml will be a beta day.. haha... :(

Hi Miu Miu,

my Q num is 141, just came back from my appoinment.lucky my first choice is still available and i took it.the rest of my choice are all taken up today.

Tweetie,

I went to see a few, either loansharks scribbling on e walls, door painted with rainbow colors, location no good, corrdidor flats or very small flats (abt 83 - 84 sqm)...

Yoko,

U r lucky to get early appt... u only wanted yishun flats ya? Quite wasted lor... Nvm, u will get ur ideal one soon... =)

Vanny,

Congrats, u have choosen ur 1st choice... U so heng... 141!! i dun even dare to think abt mine liao... aft seeing some of my choice units taken liao... Which area u chose?