Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Hi, I am plannig to do A&A on my 3 storey building, adding extension to the back on all 3 storeys and re-configure rooms, walls and windows. 

Please PM me good contractors that you all have worked with in the past. Appreciate your support.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Thanks for the people who provided contact.  I am still looking for several more.  Appreciate your support to share good builder / contractor for A&A. 

Hi guys~ how have your sourcing of Builders been? Please PM me, maybe we can share info. I have a few quotations so far. 

I want to do back extension for 1st & 2nd floor of an inter terrace. Change roof, new tiles, rewire and new plumbing pipes. Been quoted an average of $600k which is quite a bit off our Budget. Would like to hear about your experiences!  

I don’t think it’s an unreasonable quote.. gutting of the interior can cost around 300k depending on size and materials.. then 50-100 for the roof. The rest of the money for the extension... and don’t forget permits and design fees... it’s not a simple job..

Hi guys, thanks the replies.. we requested for $3.50 Homogenous tiles throughout the house and entry level doors and windows, not including carpentry, mainly want to concentrate on structure works now. Will definitely consider more quotes. So far there are 3 quotations that seems more doable under $480K. But they are design and build firms. Wondering how to Ensure that quality is what they promise? How did you guy approach this? 

1 hour ago, ZZEC said:

Hi guys, thanks the replies.. we requested for $3.50 Homogenous tiles throughout the house and entry level doors and windows, not including carpentry, mainly want to concentrate on structure works now. Will definitely consider more quotes. So far there are 3 quotations that seems more doable under $480K. But they are design and build firms. Wondering how to Ensure that quality is what they promise? How did you guy approach this? 

honestly speaking, if you are not in the industry, it's hard for you to know what are the basic and what are the premium materials that are being used.

eg: metal roof. there are various brand in SG. but some are premium brands whereas some are basic. composite panel roofs have cheaper made in china ones compared to other more premium ones. water proofing membrane also have basic and good ones.

$3.50psf tiles is the price to you but not to the contractor who gets discounts for them. even if you do a walk in, you can get a 10% discount if you haggle for price. many $3 psf tiles are made in china and some made in Malaysia ones can also be cheaper than $3psf. I even bought a set of Spanish tiles which was listed at $3psf at one of the major tile distributors. depending on your luck, if you happen to choose your tiles when Hafary is having clearance sale, you can get tiles at 50% to 70% discounts. I managed to get some Spanish and Italian tiles for 50% discount during their sale last October and they are at less than $3psf. the only thing is that the discounted tiles have to be paid in full immediately for the stock to be reserved for you. but the 50% discounts does become quite substantial due to the quantity.

also, be proactive during the construction. don't just leave the construction there and wait for move in. go to the site often to check and see what is being done/used. then you can also check online to find out what specification are the raw materials being used and determine what you are getting.

however, the better way is do get a QP to do up the specifications and the QP can then also ensure the quality as well since he/she is supposed to represent your interests.

IMO, whatever you do, remember that your builder needs some margin / fat. If you squeeze him everywhere, that's when the 'quality' suffers. 

Eg, when my tiler found the drainage wasn't ideal, he changed the floor and re-did the tilings in my bathroom by himself w/o hesitation. 

Also added a few plugs and repainted my floor cos wife was not happy with the parquet staining. If you have no margin, they won't be so eager to help... 

Something to consider...