Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kuscera Youngblood

New to the country

Hey, I've recently moved here from the United States and have had some trouble adjusting. This place is definitely a different place. Just settled moving with my fiance into my new apartment. I have considered doing a little work on the place to make it homier, as my fiance and I have been missing home dearly. I really want to make my new place a HOME as we'll be here a while.

Know any ways I could do this? I'd love a guide because I want to try doing it with my own touch.

Heard about renotalk from some new girlfriends here. They all say they love the site for its many useful guides. 

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hey there! New to the country & planning to start a renovation on your place but have no experience or know-how? Check out this article on How to Manage Renovation Costs?!.  It could give you some great insight on how to manage your renovation regarding one of the most important factors; the budget. 

And, if you're looking to make your new place into a HOME, first try by making it cozier. Here's a great article on how to make your home cozier: How to Create a Beautifully Cosy Home with 5 Simple Boho Chic Decorating Tips

Another nice way to make your place homier is to make it a tranquil place. This article on How To Bring Tranquility Into The Bedroom could help transform your place into a tranquil lovenest in the most important place for you and your man - the bedroom.

I'm sure you'd have your cozy HOME in no time. After all, home is where the heart is. All the best in your reno journey.

• Like 1

Since you're in a new home I suggest you check it for defaults before you start any renovations. This would help ensure the longevity of your home. I'd hate for you to finally be happy with your HOME to discover your place had underlying issues that your real estate agent failed to mention when selling you the property. 

These articles would be useful: How to Check Your New Home For Defects & Common Defects to Look Out for when Moving into your New Home

Edited by Fadel Abdulhadi Juber

• Like 1

I had the same situation when my husband and I decided to move to Egypt because he was offered a job there. And I couldn't adapt quickly. We bought an apartment with the help of https://broker.com.eg/apartments-for-sale-alexandria/. I could not acclimatize quickly, although my husband did it quite quickly, probably because he had been here several times before. And I felt better only after a few months and I completely calmed down. Now everything is just super and I really like it here. I advise everyone to visit Egypt, for those who have not been, a very beautiful country.