Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
RTForumer88

Who Owns Fixed Assets, Fixtures and Equipment in FH Condo?

In FreeHold, the land also belongs to the owners unlike leasehold.

Do owners/SPs own the furniture, pool equipment, lights and CCTVs?

The MC delegates the management and maintenance to the MA only bit do not own the FFE right?

>

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Thank you for the reply.

Deck chairs can be moved and in so doing, if it gets damaged, just bill the SP?

Is it defined somewhere in BMSMA?

There is an SP who turned a CCTV to cover a particular area instead and the MA called the police.

We are having a mini debate trying to find the Special Resolution to set up the CCTV there and whether it is ok to turn the CCTV to focus on a blind spot where mischief occurred.

>

I think it would be better for you to seek advise from Lawyers who are subject matter expert in this area and seek their opinions. Don’t think any lawyers (if any) in this forum will give you advise without understanding the entire circumstances/situations of the problem(s) you are facing now

Lawyers have their interpretation but it is more a layman's interpretation of the BMSMA, LTSA and differences between FH and LH that I sought first.

Then also got MA removed flower pots and locked bicycles which caused complaints.

>

I guess you are in a situation where you want to have your cake and eat it too but the reality is you can't do that.

if you are going to have all the residents follow the condo's bylaws, etc. then you can't expect variations/exceptions to cases where the bylaws aren't followed.

for example, if you want to put CCTV to cover blind spots and have the damages caused by residents to be billed back to them, then you can't have exceptions where flower pots and bicycles are places in prohibited areas if the bylaw states they can't be placed in these locations. if you are going to have exceptions, then you are inviting for someone to mount legal challenges on why certain rules apply to them but certain rules don't apply to others.

of cos from what I know, the bylaws are voted by the share owners during AGM so if certain existing bylaws are too restrictive, they should be able to vote to have these bylaws removed.

disclaimer: I DO NOT stay in a condo so I do not have a clear understanding of how condos are being managed nor am I legally trained or a lawyer by profession. the above opinion are strictly my own from my own views.

Aiyo...

Thank you for replying but if you read BMSMA and LTSA, it would be insightful.

Do you own a unit?

There seems difference between FH and LH private.

More like original 10 CCTVs covering lobbies and car park.  CCTVs found not recording during an incident 6 months after council was verbally queried if it was working.

Without Special Resolution, 40 CCTVs we set up but no SP has received samples and footage not availed even after police reports made for multiple cases of mischief to vehicles and illegal smoking.

So yeah, sucks.