Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Barc

How Long To Marry And Divorce A Foreign Bride?

oic..

thanks for the information....

how abt those cash/stock share, etc... :P

Same. EVERYTHING. :bangwall:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
correct. just treat the intestate act as a will the goverment has made for you. :bangwall:

sooner or later all the assets will be given to either spouse or children liao b'cos by the time we're old liao and our parents also not around liao. :P

how about car? :P

sooner or later all the assets will be given to either spouse or children liao b'cos by the time we're old liao and our parents also not around liao. :)

how about car? :good:

how about bicycle.. :P

is your statement in red 100% true? :P if the child is married liao then the parents won't get anything from the child? :lol:

applefreak knows LAW zz

parents gets nothing as long as their child is married.

but now, DPS got a problem that conflicts with Interstat law...read it from ST.

then, if it's a house that is concerned, then very straight forward, spouse gets it.

guess the only exceptions will be properties held under joint tenancy, money in joint accounts...

Yup.

Tricky part is establishing how much in joint account is shared.. typically 50% but then joint accounts are always a gray area

Gifting is as usual 5 years.

applefreak knows LAW :P

then, if it's a house that is concerned, then very straight forward, spouse gets it.

As i saw, just go do a will and that solves everything. Will will superscede interstate law.

Car is also tricky part.. have u heard of the wife that inherited a fully paid house but a mercedes that still had a 100k loan ?

;)

is your statement in red 100% true? :dancingqueen: if the child is married liao then the parents won't get anything from the child? :jawdrop:

Yeah, this is puzzling.

I thought that under Singaporean law, unless a will is drawn up before death, most goes to the government?

for assets - In order to be recognised legally as the executor/s or administrator/s of the Estate of the Deceased, you would have to apply for Probate or Letters of Administration respectively. This is subject to approval from the Public Trustee.

for CPF monies - Where the Deceased did not make a nomination, the CPF Board will transfer his CPF savings and and other monies due to or assets owned by him to the Public Trustee for distribution in accordance with the written law.

Yeah, this is puzzling.

I thought that under Singaporean law, unless a will is drawn up before death, most goes to the government?

for assets - In order to be recognised legally as the executor/s or administrator/s of the Estate of the Deceased, you would have to apply for Probate or Letters of Administration respectively. This is subject to approval from the Public Trustee.

for CPF monies - Where the Deceased did not make a nomination, the CPF Board will transfer his CPF savings and and other monies due to or assets owned by him to the Public Trustee for distribution in accordance with the written law.

Just treat it is :

if you leave a will, government will distribute according to YOUR wishes.

if you DON'T leave a will, your estate will be distributed according to the GOVERNMENT'S wishes (Intestate Act)

Goverment does take the monies or confiscate the assets unless the deceased has left no will and has no next-of-kin (not even a nephew or cousin)

Having a will will speed up the process of obtaining probate, etc.

and its only abt 200 to 300 for a typical will..

anyway, there is a recommended bar price for wills being charged by lawyers..

how about bicycle.. 8|

:bleah::D

applefreak knows LAW :notti:

parents will really get nothing after the child has married? that mean the parents cannot get the child's house no matter what lor. !!

ah.. thanks for the answers.

yes i'm an idiot, but this world is made up by idiots. the republicans are idiots, the democrats are idiots... the list goes on and on...

this is one alternative i might have to take if i'm forced up the wall.

if I'll have to share my money with some woman, i'd rather be liberal on prostitution.

guess getting a flat isn't an easy task.

If i'm able to get a flat using my parent's name in the very first place, i won't be thinking of this stupid idea already. but still, thanks for the advice.

i won't really harm the lady, it's merely a transaction.

but then again, thanks to the stupid rules.

ah.. thanks for the answers.

yes i'm an idiot, but this world is made up by idiots. the republicans are idiots, the democrats are idiots... the list goes on and on...

this is one alternative i might have to take if i'm forced up the wall.

if I'll have to share my money with some woman, i'd rather be liberal on prostitution.

guess getting a flat isn't an easy task.

If i'm able to get a flat using my parent's name in the very first place, i won't be thinking of this stupid idea already. but still, thanks for the advice.

i won't really harm the lady, it's merely a transaction.

but then again, thanks to the stupid rules.

nowadays, getting a flat is a lot easier than years ago liao. you can wait until you're 35 years old then apply for a flat or maybe apply a flat together with your siblings or buy a private property. so many ways! :bleah::D

by the time i'm 35 years old, i guess i'm already used to sleeping in the streets...

we don't know what other problems you've b'cos seen like you can't wait until 35 years old or want to apply with siblings/parents. :P

are you the TS that start the thread about a brother from nowhere?

guess the situation is really that bad huh?

guess your only choice will be renting a place

if you dun mind location, think $300 can get a room liao

just be frugal and you should get by

singapore's rule is really inflexible when it comes to public housing

and private housing are out of the reach for quite a few of us

hi korea, yes bicyce included. basically everything forms a part of your estate

but unless someone is fighting for the things e.g. heirloom jewellery or sentimental items

money in joint account is the same, if no one is fighting for it

the joint account holder can withdraw the money before the banks freeze the money

quite a lot of pple is doing it to avoid estate tax...

Barc, you are really a B*T***D

from a girl's point of view.

The girl is also someone's daughter.

She has travelled so far from her home to look for a safe "harbour".

and when she returned home, will her culture allow her to get marry again?

from a guy's point of view.

the need to get a place of your own.

the fastest and most accessible route to apply for a flat.

from a singles' point of view.

the policies that the gahmen has lay down.

it is so silly to the point

from a married's point of view

a pro family bonus

but out of 10 who got married.... how many has back out or has return their flat to gahmen

Sign! who to put the blame on?

Barc, pls think of other alternatives